Traveling to Ethiopia
I don't think this picture does justice to exactly how handsome my traveler looked on his way to Ethiopia. Let me try to explain in a little more detail. He was told to wear tan or grey pants and a blue blazer so the group would look professional traveling together. At the airport they would hand out white shirts with the logo of the organization to also wear. Well, Blake decided on wearing his grey dress Wranglers (Yes, he has dress Wranglers. That's a story in itself.), blue blazer, black crocks, and this red t-shirt until he could get his white shirt. Well, when he got to the airport everyone else already had a white shirt from previous missions and things were so busy that no one gave one to Blake. So this is how "professional" he looked. I think it's funny and SO Blake.
It took over 36 hours to get there; and in between all the sleeping and movies (He watched so many movies he can't even remember them all. But he does remember that he did NOT watch Mama Mia! Which is probably the movie I would have chose to watch first. I think he was waiting for me.), Blake had a very nice tour of Europe. And since Blake is such a sweet talker, he convinced the airline to change his ticket to a window seat so he could enjoy it all. Here it is--
Sunrise in London
Paris
Geneva
Swiss Alps
Rome
Egypt--I'm pretty sure the pyramids are hidden right behind those clouds.
Sudan
And finally, arriving in Ethiopia. In the middle of the night.
Then taking off the next morning for their final Ethiopian destination.
And somewhere in the midst of those 36 hours, someone gave Blake a white shirt. So, when he finally arrived, he definitely looked professional.
I hope you enjoyed Blake's flight as much as I did. I love that he took all these pictures. And yes, despite much pleading and begging, I will be the one giving the review of Ethiopia.

5 comments:
The pictures actually turned out really well through the airplane window. Good thing he sweet talked his way into a window seat. I love the airport outfit, especially the dress wranglers! Can't wait to hear more!
thats an interesting jet
one of the things i love about blake is that blake is blake and he's so confident and secure and so full of fun and enthusiasm and will do just about anything to make life interesting and happy and NOT boring. wait. did i say "one" of the things? to steal a quote from you, addi, in your tribute to max: i love this little guy:) (to a mom, her kids are always little)
i really liked this post. very original. and blake's outfit doesn't surprise me. i can remember many of his ensembles that were a bit odd. and i feel special that i've been to 4 of those places on the ground.
Sounds like quite the adventure! I love the plane pix.
Post a Comment