Ethiopia! Part 4--The Tourism
Over the weekend, the group got to go explore the country. They saw one of Ethiopia's most popular tourist attractions, the Blue Nile falls.
Went on a boat cruise of Lake Tana.
Where they saw wild hippos.
They visited an Ethiopian Monastery that housed beautiful Christian paintings from the fourteenth century. Look how touristy Blake looks.
Blake even got to touch (Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy they let everyone touch this?) this Bible from the 14th century printed on goat skin. I think it's so pretty.
And then there were my favorite Blake things. While the bus was taking the group back to the city it broke down. I love that everyone is pushing the bus, except Blake, who is taking a picture.
These are the taxis that took the group around town. It cost about $.40 to go three miles from the hotel to the hospital. Blake paid one of the drivers $5 to let him drive the taxi around town. Both guys were in heaven.
And speaking of hotels, here's a picture of Blake in his deluxe accommodations. Even with the mosquito net, you should see all the bites he came home with.
Ethiopia even has beautiful sunsets. 

5 comments:
So many new posts! Yay! I'm impressed with all the pics Blake took. I like the pushing bus one. Blake actually drove the taxi around? Funny boy.
oh wow, that's a movie sunset. beautiful...although addi, i'm sure you didn't even give it a second glance. :) and no wonder blake got so many mosquito bites. his mosquitero isn't tucked in under his mattress. at least the malaria part seems to be in the clear.
oh, and i'm not too sure about the wild hippos thing. they look just as scary as an alligator. and all blake needs in the tourist picture is a fanny pack. surely he has one.
These posts are fascinating--what memories! I'm a traveler who likes her comforts and convenience though, so I'm glad I could experience Ethiopia through Blake.
i love that he paid to drive the taxi and i love that he took a picture of everyone else pushing the vehicle. and who knew there was so much to see and do in ethiopia?
Post a Comment