Snow Bunny
Even though I'm a pretty hardcore snowboarder now, can I still be called a snow bunny? Today was my first attempt at snowboarding and I totally think I ripped it up. My only wipe out was when Blake got in my way and I fell over him. Every other time I ended up in the snow was by my own choice--sometimes there's just no other way to stop. I had some excellent teachers helping me out. Blake and Andy did a good job holding on to me and I only cried once when Blake thought I was ready to be let go of when I definitely was not. And Bri was such a nice ski-cheerleader. She was always telling me how good I was doing, that's how I know I'm basically a pro now. All this I did in a mere 9 degrees, snowing weather and I didn't even notice one bit. But my biggest accomplishment of the day was getting off the lift four (yes 4!) times in a row without falling down! Success! Thanks Dad for sponsoring my snowboarding debut. I can't wait for next season to test my mad skillz.




8 comments:
Go Addi! You are definitely a pro now. I think I would have cried more than once.
Pro.... that is being modest don't you really think? No better student, teachers or cheerleaders! It looks like a great time was had by all..... Even in the COLD!!
Thanks to Murphy for helping, you all had the most up to date and great looking equipment!
Great Photos
good job addi. i've never been snowboarding and it doesn't look even one bit desirable to me. you look cute and all, but the 9 degree weather, scary steep hills, stress of getting off the lift without crashing, the crying and the painful falls just don't seem fun at all. so i guess that means i'm not the best person to invite next time!
and blake still has a beard?!
you're more of a woman--and wife--than me.
Congrats Addi! Tom and I's first date was snowboarding. I told him I knew how when all I really knew how was to go down the mountain, I didn't know how to 'carve' at all!
With some major wipeouts (i knocked the wind out of myself and a little kid rode by saying are you okay?)and trying to keep up with him the next day I could hardly move. So when he called (YES the next day!) asking if I wanted to go to a hockey game I said I was too sore and tired he thought I was not interested. Luckily he gave me aother chance!
I also took lessons and now am not too shabby. But its been almost 4 years since I went. This is really long sorry I will stop!
You will always be a snow bunny no matter how much shredding you do.
Good job Addi! We are very proud to have been a part of your first snowboarding experience. And as you can tell by those pictures, you've got mad "steez." You did however forget to tell about your wicked tricks. I was hoping for a mention of the sweet quarter front flips that Blake taugh you how to do. We can't wait to go with you guys again...next time we want Max to come!
You are so funny!
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who cried during my most recent snowboarding trip. Sundance has great ice to snowboard on, if you ever want to try that...OUCH!!! I don't recommend it.
It sounds like you did a great job on your first snowboarding trip!
Post a Comment