Merry pre-Christmas!
You'll never guess who dropped by our house last night! Santa! He wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to play with the presents he brought us before we left for Utah. How thoughtful. He didn't tell Max he was coming because, well, Max doesn't like him. So, this morning, I went out and checked and after I confirmed that he did in fact, stop by, Blake and I told Max that he had come, dropped off some presents, and already left. Reiterating over and over that he was no longer here. We finally convinced Max to come check it out and in the middle of the family room was a big, sheet-covered present with Max and Jack's name on it. And after opening this present, I think Max may be on his way to liking Santa.

After Max opened it he said, "Oh Mommy! I LUFF kitchens!" And I think Jack likes it too. He is pretty good at banging the kitchen with his ladel. And if he doesn't like playing with the kitchen, he certainly likes pretending to play with the kitchen and driving his big brother mad! 
The other big Christmas highlight was the gift Max and Jack picked out for Blake. When Blake came home the night we had bought, wrapped, and put the gift under the tree, Max immediately told Blake about it. "We got you a dung. It's by the tree, by the backyard." Max was so excited and kept telling Blake about the present for two weeks. But fortunately, Blake had no idea what a "dung" was and was genuinely surprised when he opened some nerf "guns." Christmas is so much better with these little kids!

In addition to Santa, we were certainly spoiled by Nanny and Grandpa. How does Nanny always know EXACTLY what to get us! :) Thank you, thank you, thank you, for making us feel so special and loved. This wonderful pre-Christmas makes me so excited for REAL Christmas! 

3 comments:
i wish i could've been a little elf peeking in the window watching. i love that you gear christmas to how your kids will enjoy it. and i LUFF kitchens, too! finally, someone who understands nanny!
i love pre-christmases! such a cute kitchen set.
i'm so glad max finally got his beloved kitchen. and that daddy blake allowed it.
Post a Comment