Sunday, December 21, 2008

Birthday Weekend

For Blake's birthday, I think he got the best gift of all--me! :) After dropping Max and Jack off in Utah, I came back to San Francisco to surprise Blake with a no-kids early-birthday weekend! It was just too bad Blake had school all day Thursday and Friday, then scheduled patients on Saturday. But despite that, we've managed to do some pretty fun things. We went down to Union Square to look at the big Christmas tree and do some shopping. I know--I'm sure that's what Blake wanted to do for his birthday, but at least he got to take a quick nap in this pretty chair.
The last movie Blake saw in the theater was Harry Potter-4, over three years ago. We saw it in the IMAX and I was super pregnant with Max. Anyway, the movie cut out for 20 minutes, so the theater gave us free tickets to come back to another movie. This weekend we decided to finally cash it in. We saw Seven Pounds. Blake wasn't impressed and now it will probably be another three years before he sees another theater movie. But we've made up for it in our down/late night time. We've been seeing what the big deal is with Lost. Blake watched 6 episodes of Season 1 the first night. I think we're hooked.
And the food, oh the food. I love eating out with my husband...for EVERY meal! We also discovered the world's best hot chocolate at Seattle's Best. It was so good and so pretty.

But the highlight of the weekend was definitely the go-car tour around the city. We've been wanting to do this for so long, and finally, with no kids, had the opportunity. I think Blake was in heaven driving this thing around town, listening to all the interesting facts on the tour. And as an added bonus, he only had to stick his leg out to push once when we didn't have enough power to get up a San Francisco hill. We felt like celebrities with all the Asian Tourists taking pictures of us!
I love this beautiful city, but not as much as I love Blake!

4 comments:

blythe said...

what a fun birthday surprise. i didnt know it was a surprise. the go car tour sounds so fun and what a cute little car! yay for lost! happy bday blake! you are handsome with your beard.

gary said...

hey Santa Blake, I didn't know the beard was coming for Christmas, it looks good. I use to try a beard for it started to come in all gray, of course I guess that is what it's supposed to do if you want to be like Santa. Happy early birthday!

Anonymous said...

blake is handsome. addi is nis. what a fun birthday weekend for you both. happy birthday, BR--3 unforgettable decades:)

rachel said...

ooh, i'd love to do that car tour deal. that looks like fun. and even more fun to have a weekend without kids! WOW--TELL ME WHAT IT'S LIKE!