Happy Birthday Max!
It seems like just yesterday I was writing a post honoring my 2-year old. And now, what seems like a few days later, I'm doing it again. Except this time it's for my (gasp) THREE year old. I love this little three year old so much. Of course, I, his mother, think he is perfect. He is handsome, smart, funny, and just enough of a stinker to make him interesting. This boy seriously gives the best mean looks ("crusties", for you Utahns) I've ever seen. Max always wants to learn something new and picks up on things so quickly. He is definitely not a performer, but can spend hours playing by himself, especially if he has letters. He also loves playing with his friends and is always asking which one of them he is going to play with each day. I love when he sees a friend and they run to each other to give hugs. He is a wonderful big brother to Jack. He is getting very good at sharing his toys with Jack and I love the moments when they actually play together rather than side-by-side, even if the peaceful moments of them playing together don't last long. Max is very caring and protective of Jack. When Jack cries, he tries to make it better by kissing him, hugging him, patting him, and asking him in his baby-talk voice, "Why you sad little baby?" Max loves visiting Daddy at school. He could spend hours shooting the water into little cups and then dumping the water in the sink. He has claimed the computer in the residents' room as his and runs right back there and starts his games whenever we go visit. He likes playing guns with Daddy Blake, and actually, the rule is, he can only shoot at Blake. They have fun running around, hiding from and shooting at each other. Another of my favorite things he does with Blake is "eat" each other. One of them will start out, "I'm hungry!" and soon after they are pretending to bite and chew each other. It took Blake a while to train Max not to actually bite, but now, he is definitely a pro. As for me, well, I think Max is the sweetest little boy ever. I melt when he lovingly pats my face, grabs both my cheeks, and gives me a kiss. We are always arguing over who is the best or who loves who more and he is a nice boy to hold my hand and cuddle with me whenever I ask. I have such a special place in my heart for this little man. Afterall, he is the one who made me a mother and made these past three years the best of my life. Happy Birthday, sweet boy. I love you!

9 comments:
i really hope each first child in a family realizes the special place in a mother's heart he has because, as you put it, it is him that made "just" a girl, a mom. i love this little guy, too! happy birthday, max! you are so handsome.
so, are you going to pull a beth and go back and add in between? happy birthday max. i love your fancy sweater vest. and i do remember your mean looks from a couple weeks ago. SOMEONE must've taught him those...
Max, you look so sweet in this pic. I'm glad that Blake is now playing guns with Max so he knows how to shoot. Happy Birthday Buddy!
He is such a grown up! You didn't even mention his future hobby of being a pro wake boarder!
Sad we didn't see you at Thanksgiving!
Oh I love you too, Max. What a sweet boy.
Happy Birthday Max! I always think about that little guy on Dec. 10th. He is so handsome and it was fun to read so much about him. It is hard to believe that he is 3 though!!
Little man..... Big Boy! We sure LOVE Max!!! he brings us all lots of smiles and warm hearts! You are right.... we are so grateful for him making you a Mom!!! Isn't motherhood the best!!!
He is so adorable!
Happy Birthday! I can't believe you have a 3 year old Addi :) He's getting so big and handsome!
Post a Comment