Friday, October 2, 2009

The Lone Star State Part I

Well, it was obvious before we even left for Texas that the best part of the very large state would be Dave, Michelle, Audrey, and Joshua. I thought we'd find them miserable, missing San Francisco at every turn, but it was just the opposite. They showed us how fabulous a suburban, post-San Francisco life can be.

They showed us what it is like to live in a house, an actual house, with room enough for some serious buckin' bull riding.

And if you're lucky, that house may have an extra room dedicated solely to the purpose of housing guests and pillow fights.
And a backyard. Oooooo! A backyard. Complete with its own insect farm to look at when you're done running around and playing duck-duck-goose.
And maybe, just maybe, a swimming pool.
And then there's the mini-van that you all get to cram in to while DRIVING THRU(!) at Sonic, Wendy's, or Taco Bueno to pick up lunch.And don't even get me started on the teenaged babysitter who comes over to the house to play with the kids, put them to bed, and then cleans up your house all for a very, very reasonable price while you go to MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL!
I'm sure we over-stayed our welcome with these dear friends, but we seriously could not get enough of them. We were spoiled with delicious homemade meals, late nights of games and crafting, and lots of playing. Even two days after we had left their house, when we asked the boys what their favorite part about Texas was, Max said playing with Audrey and Jack said playing with Joshua. My favorite part was definitely playing with Michelle and I think it's safe to say Blake's favorite part was eating the steaks Dave grilled! :) We love these friends--thank you, thank you for letting us come visit you!

4 comments:

blythe said...

yay for texas! vaughn would be so jealous of taco bueno. looks like such a fun time. cant wait to learn more craft making from addi!

Michelle said...

COME BACK!!!!! We LOVED having you and we wished you would have stayed longer. My kids love your kids, and I love you, and I know Dave loves Blake which means you all need to come back. Hopefully this time Dave won't have a stinkin test though.
Great post. It made me miss you even more.

Grandma said...

Wow... what fun!!! Maybe in the next life (as Dad would say), I want to come back as Max or Jack! You guys ALWAYS have so much FUN! Hoorah for GREAT FRIENDS!

rachel said...

you guys even wore dallas cowboys colors to the game? true fans.