Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Jack!

Today is my sweet baby's birthday. I don't know what it is about Jack, but I really think I will always, always call him my baby--even though his little personality is starting to lean more to stinker than sweet baby. He is becoming so independent and has to do everything "by myself." He is quite the little jabber-mouth and I especially love when he answers my questions with a big YES said more like, "Yesh!" He loves, loves, loves playing with Max. Max is usually the first to fall asleep at bedtime and I always hear Jack yelling to him, "Wake up Max!" so they can continue their silly bedtime antics. And although they really do love to play together (one of my favorite things they do is play duck-duck-goose, just the two of them), I often hear Jack say, "Be nice Max!" or he'll come tattle that "Max hit me" even if Max didn't, just to get him in trouble. He is learning these sneaky little tricks way too early. Jack still loves all things elephant. He loves looking at the pictures of him by the baby elephant at Grandma's zoo and still requests songs from Dumbo at bedtime. When Blake comes home he will ask to make him fly, then Blake will throw him around the room and Jack laughs and reports to me, "I fly like Dumbo." And of course I think Jack is a little smarty pants--he loves to color in his animal coloring book with two crayons at a time. He knows the letters and the sounds they make and can count to ten (and to tres en espanol). When you ask him he says his favorite color is blue, but I really think it's orange. His hands down favorite food is french fries and he recently told me, "I hungry. My body need french fries." So, guess who won't be getting french fries for quite a while! I really love this age and I really love that even though my baby is now officially a toddler, he still manages to cuddle with me every day. I hope his little cheeks never go away. Happy Birthday Baby! I love you!

3 comments:

blythe said...

happy birthday baby jack. he is such a cute boy. i think its funny he lies about max hitting him. such a sneaky boy.

nanny said...

cutest pictures ever. i need them. happy birthday, jack.

Grandma said...

happy happy Birthday Jack!

What a fun Grandson he is! You know.... being a Grandma is the BEST!