The Lone Star State Part III
On Wednesday, we said good-bye to Dallas and started the journey down to Austin. We didn't have much time in Austin so we quickly stopped by the capital and the Texas State History Museum. 
We continued on to a rural neighborhood just outside of Austin for what we heard was the "best BBQ" in all of Texas--The Salt Lick. Ah, the sausage was to die for. We hit the road again and made it down to San Antonio with just enough time for a picture by the temple before heading down to our luxurious River Walk hotel.
The next morning we had the yummiest breakfast. Blake had huevos rancheros and the boys and I had Mexican hot cakes. Blake LOVED the huevos rancheros, both for the fact that they were yummy AND that they cost $2.50. We started off our time in San Antonio down by the River Walk. Unfortunately we started on the wrong side of the river and were pretty tired by the time we got to all the shops and restaurants. But it was very pretty.
We stopped by the Alamo, but did not make it to the basement.
And last, but certainly not least, we went to the San Antonio Children's Museum. So much fun. They had a very large pretend grocery store complete with working cash registers that actually scanned the items. The boys were in heaven.
We absolutely loved the Lone Star State. Hopefully we get to come back again!

5 comments:
I love that you have seen more of TX than I have! Love your shirt too! :)
the river walk looks really pretty. you guys really did do a ton! cant wait for you to move there so we can come visit!
Now I see the TX posts...so glad I got to hear about the trip over the phone though too. I can't believe that you went to the MNF game...that is really cool. Keep in mind that I have a fair amount of family in TX as you make this decision... :)
the alamo has a basement?
cute green shirt.
you are pregnant! none of your pictures til now have shown your cute little belly! and good job with all the new posts.
Post a Comment