Smurf the Whole Day Long
I think if I let him, Max would watch Smurfs all day. He loves it. He's even picked up on some of the little things they do. For example, Gargamel (who Max calls Gargamellow) always says, "Must be the smurfs!" Now, Max will say things like, "Where are we going? Must be to the park" or "Look at that sign. Must be for the zoo." Everything is "must be..." And I'm just proud I figured out where he was getting it from. But of course, it can't all be cute. Today he tore all the books off the shelf and was stomping around on them. When I asked him what he was doing he said, "I'm being mad like Gargamellow." And don't even get me started on Grouchy Smurf. You know, the smurf that hates everything, even smurfberries? The other day Max was eating a banana and said, "I hate bananas." And then later said, "I hate trains" while playing with his trains. I asked him if he knew what the word meant, and he didn't. And actually, after I told him what it meant, he stopped saying it, so I guess it was a good learning opportunity. But why couldn't he just pick up on Brainy Smurf's "Papa Smurf always says..." and say something like, "Papa Blake always says..." Now that would have been cute. La la lalalala!
P.S. I'm in a photography class (more on that later) and Max is nice enough to be my model. I needed him to hold something out for me and this is what he chose. And thus, a post was born! :)

4 comments:
long live the smurfs. . .we never got way way into that fad-in-time, probably because we were so into strawberry shortcake, pound puppies, and care bears.
such a cute picture. cant wait to see more of your photography skills. max is so silly.
that's funny he copies the smurfs' sayings. maybe i should get some strawberry shortcake movies for my girls.... actually they won't leave the princess figurines alone long enough to watch anything.
I'm glad that Andy & Bri shared that movie! Aren't you?
Post a Comment