Thursday, March 12, 2009

Photography 101

After having my camera for over a year, I am finally learning what it can actually do. I signed up for a photography class from the oh so talented Nicole and I'm loving it. I already feel like I'm over-flowing with knowledge and I want more. This class even has homework assignments. And in addition to all the camera knowledge, I am also learning that I stink at "styling" pictures. I am so left-brained. In fact, my favorite part of the class was when we got to calculate the steps between shutter speeds and f-stops. I wish I would have brought my TI. Anyway, here are some of the pictures from Week 1's homework. They're nothing fabulous, but I'm still pretty proud of them.
Depth of FieldRule of Thirds

Creating Motion vs Capturing Motion

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am EXTREMELY impressed.

blythe said...

me too! good job addi. cant wait to see homework assignment two!

Anonymous said...

you still have a few months before your big shoot for baby henry! it looks like you've already learned a lot. how fun. i want to go back to school too....

Anonymous said...

101..... who would have ever guessed! You are spectacular!!!!

Hillary said...

Amazing. I'm excited to see your homework assignments too!