Beverly Hills--That's Where I Want to Be!
A simple compare and contrast situation:
Our first night in Southern California we stayed at the Hollywood South Sun Inn.
*Headboards nailed to the wall
*Remote control attached to the night stand
*Stale donuts for breakfast
*Nothing to keep young children occupied--you don't even want anyone to walk barefoot on the carpet
*Shower head about a foot too low
*Blake chose the hotel
Our second night in So Cal we stayed at the Beverly Hilton.
*Choice of feather or foam pillows
*Balcony with table and lounging chairs off every room
*Guests offered gourmet bottled water upon registration
*Lots of amenities to keep young children occupied: safe, mini bar, satellite radio, etc.
*Flat screen TV in the bathroom
*CDA chose the hotel
Hands down winner: Beverly Hills. My, what a difference a few blocks makes. I am so grateful to CDA, ASDA, and ADA for making it possible for me to stay in nice hotels.
It's a good thing/too bad we didn't spend more time at our hotels. The boys and I did cruise Rodeo Boulevard in our sweet Honda Accord with scratched up bumpers and little finger prints all over the windows, but that was about the extent of our Beverly Hills exploring. We were spending most of our time in Disneyland. All four of us went Thursday night. Then on Friday, while Blake was in meetings, I even ventured to the Happiest Place on Earth alone, with my two little boys. The three of us went on the Jungle Cruise (twice), Winnie the Pooh (I didn't even know there was a Winnie the Pooh ride), and The Haunted Mansion. The Haunted Mansion got a little interesting since we got stuck in the cramped room that expands and I had two nervous boys. But we got out alive and with no tears. I was pretty proud of myself.



4 comments:
just being able to get a picture with mickey was worth the hotel. . .
you took two kids to disneyland by yourself?! props to addi! did you guys buy a 3 or 4 day pass or what?
I love that you did the haunted mansion with the boys. I insisted we do it when we were there, to much of Joel's protests. He escaped with Maggie out of an exit just after the elevator because he said it was too scary for her (even though she wasn't the one doing all the complaining).
Disneyland is the best! I still remember going during several summers way back in the (yes, I know, a LONG time ago) 60s!
Too bad Knott's Berry Farm is gone.
Post a Comment