Monday, August 16, 2010

Utah does it to you...

I was talking to a friend about one of my recent craft attempts and she said, "Yeah, Utah does it to you...you can't help but be crafty there." So, these are some of my recent attempts to live up to Utah standards.

I've had the stuff to make this frame since Christmas 2008 so I finally put it all together. I think all it needs is a picture of two screaming boys sitting on Santa's lap.
We made floor cushions for Max and Jack to use in San Francisco from this tutorial. Hopefully now this makes staying in our fancy house a little less stressful. (Also note that Jack carries around the extra green and orange piping as snakes.)
My mom made these ties for the boys (FAMILY PICTURES!). She thinks she's not crafty, but all evidence points to the contrary.
I know I'm a little late doing this skirt tutorial, but it really was so easy and so fun.
We had a little family baby shower for my cousin Stephanie. We were a little ambitious and made these baby bootie favors. Really, we had quite the assembly line going. But it was all worth it for the homemade buttermints that were inside.
We used more teamwork to finish this puff quilt for Steph. I was in charge of cutting and pinning. Those lines look pretty straight, right? :) (By the way, while we've been here Max and Jack were introduced to Wonder Pets. Now all we sing is, "What's going to work? TEAMWORK!" Love it.)
I gave Stephanie a little ABC's for Sunday book, and made one for us as well. Max especially loves it. I actually have an extra copy of all the pictures if someone wants them. Oh, it's kind of like I'm doing a giveaway. Leave a comment... :)
And I didn't make this book, but I had to share it. Remember how my aunt makes books about the kids? Well, she made this one for Baby Henry and sewed a zipper right into the paper that opened and had little pictures hidden in the pocket. I think it's so cute. She's really crafty.
We made these necklace charms for my mom's Young Women from a segment I saw on Studio 5. I really love Studio 5.
And last, but not least, my new bag. I'm so happy my mom stayed up with me until 1 am, every night, for a week so we could finish it without all our little helpers. It didn't hurt that "Whose Line Is It Anyway" is on that late. Am I the only one who thinks that show is so funny?

6 comments:

blythe said...

yes, im first to comment! does that mean i win the giveaway! because i really want it!

okay now i need to go look at the rest of your cute crafts. why cant we live closer?

blythe said...

love the purse. and the christmas frame. the cushions are so cute. are they hard to make?

Grandma said...

I must admit, every time you came home with a "I found a project for US!", I was secretly excited as that meant more "us" time! I love sewing and learning soooo many new things with you! What an amazing daughter I have! Sure do LOVE YOU!!!

patty said...

i want your bag.

rachel said...

look at you, craft girl! just because blythe is on the computer more than i am, doesn't mean she should win the giveaway. her baby can't even read yet....

Michelle said...

I am super super super impressed with you! If only Texas could do something for me besides make me bigger! Everything's bigger in Texas y'all!