Friday, August 27, 2010

Food & Friends

We've been frequenting our favorite spots--Gordo's, Pacific Catch, Mama's, Bi-Rite, and oh, you know, Cafe Cagnone! :)
Tonight I was craving some San Francisco Soup Company so we headed down to the only location open after 4 pm in the food court of Bloomingdales. It was our first time down there and WOW! Why didn't we go earlier? The food court is amazing--no McDonald's, Sbarro's, and Hot Dog on a Stick. (Although I LOVE Hot Dog on a Stick.) It was all quality, native San Francisco restaurants, including my other favorite Bistro Burger. So, I decided to have Bistro Burger tonight and bring home soup for tomorrow. Good plan. Top the night off with a mall-wide fire alarm evacuation and some gelato and it really doesn't get much better.

We've also been trying to squeeze in as much time with our friends as possible. I've always wanted to go to the Chabot Space & Science Center and I'm so happy we finally made it happen. Also, one of Max's requests was to play with the "key toy" (this toy in the nursery that he's always been obsessed with). So, when the weather was a little dreary, it was kind of fun to go to our usual back-up play place--the church cultural hall.
I still can't believe how big these little people are getting. We really love them.

3 comments:

nanny said...

still so much to do so much to see there in sf. amazing. and fun!

blythe said...

i dont think i have eaten at any of those places but they sound so yummy!

brett and nadine said...

How fun to be back in SF and go to all the fun places, even the church. I sure miss going to playgroup and watching my boys play with all the kids. Missing you and your family! Our kids are growing way to fast!!