Thursday, August 5, 2010

Lagoon! It's Where Fun Is!

Today was Stake Lagoon Day! Ahhh, I love Utah! :) I'm so glad my kids got to relive my Stake Lagoon Day glory days. I loved the little kiddie rides so much, I even cried the year I was too tall to ride them.

Max's favorite ride was the plane with guns, Jack's favorite was Dumbo (but I really think it was the dragon roller coaster or cars), and my favorite ride was the log flume. That stinker Max ducked under the front while we were going down, Jack had no idea what he was in for and started screaming, and all of us got soaking wet.
Baby Gus was allowed to go on two rides (besides his super fun stroller)--the train and the carousel. I think he liked them. Especially his first ever ride on a carousel.
We had so much fun and I never knew Grandpa, Grandma and Dawna were such thrill-seekers. Grandpa went on all the new "big" rides with me and I think he complained less than I did about his neck being jerked around, Grandma kept getting in trouble for climbing on benches to take pictures, and that rebel Dawna got in trouble for not putting on her seat belt while riding the carousel! I love Lagoon!

4 comments:

patty said...

i love your family. don't they ever get tired of being so fun?

Grandma said...

Not only do we get to remember and relive the golden days of the South Davis Stake/Orchard Stake Lagoon Days for me as a girl, and the Riverside/Heights Lagoon days with you kids, now we get to remember LAGOON with the Grandkids! SOOO much fun!!!! THANKS for wanting to go!

rachel said...

can i bite gus' cheeks?
the lagoon looks SO fun.
who knew utah could be fun after all.
i should've met you before my college days.

blythe said...

i didnt realize how many fun things there were to do in utah. i bet the boys will be sad to leave.