Friday, March 19, 2010

Gus's Blessing Weekend Extravaganza: Day 2

Everyone met up at our house to get an early start on Day 2. We played with the puzzles from Aunt Lori until Nanny suggested we enjoy the beautiful weather and go to the park. So to the park we went.

After we had been at the park a short while, Blake surprised us by finishing school early and rallying everyone together for a trip to Stinson Beach. At the beach we ate our tasty sandwiches, dug for sand crabs, played paddle ball, ran from the waves, went for long walks and basked in the hot, hot sun.

Then, as I was sitting there feeding Gus, I saw this little family walk onto the beach. I thought to myself, "That family is for sure Mormon--2 very young kids, jeans at the beach, and petunia pickle bottom back pack." It wasn't until after I thought all that I realized it was Beth, Matt, Zoie, and Emme. Those stinkers drove all through the night and surprised us! We love a good surprise!
So, we stayed at the beach and played a little longer. Max and Jack were so excited to see their cousins. I love this picture of Blake and his little ducklings.
While we were up in Marin County we decided to take advantage of the beautiful views from Mt. Tam and also yummy Pacific Catch.
When we got home, Gus got to meet more cousins and we Wiid the night away!
A successful end to a successful Day 2!

3 comments:

blythe said...

so many cute pictures that i dont even know which to comment on. i love the first pic and the duckling pic is pretty darn cute too. this blessing extravaganza is so fun! keep them coming!

patty said...

good day.

Grandma said...

Not only a GREAT DAY.... but a very very nice and WARM great day! We had so much fun!