Gus's Blessing Weekend Extravaganza: The Big Day!



It's finally here. Gus's big day. It seems like forever ago that Blake emailed, inviting everyone to our soon-to-be-born baby's blessing, and now it's over. Today Gus was given a name and a sweet blessing by his father. I love the blessing day. My feelings as a mother and wife are indescribable. I am so blessed.
{I have a feeling we will not have a family picture where everyone is looking at the camera for a very long time...}


And it only made the day that much sweeter that Gus was surrounded by all these people who love him so, so much. We're sad Great Myrtice and Martin couldn't be with us. (Early in the morning, Martin was having a hard time breathing and was admitted to the hospital--we hope he gets feeling better soon!)
After church we came back to our house for the traditional SF Sour Dough Bread Bowl Blessing Lunch. I did nothing--my mom, Dawna, and Blake did everything...

Later tonight, everyone who wanted went up to Muir Woods and then enjoyed the most amazing sunset from Mt. Tam.

Happy Blessing Day Gus! I love you a million times over!

6 comments:
love the pictures of baby gus in his white blessing outfit. he looks so, so sweet.
You guys party harder than anybody I know. I wish I was there so you could borrow my crockpot like you did for Jack's blessing.
That picture of Max is incredible...framable if you ask me.
Thanks for letting us be a part of such a BIG DAY! The day was perfect! Blake did a great job, and so did you Addi! Gus.... is a happy part of all of our lives! What did we ever do without him? Your family is sooooo darn cute, and fun! We LOVE YOU GUYS!!!
I love those blessing pictures of Gus in white - what a sweet baby. After ready about the 3 day extravaganza my biggest question is logistical: how do you do it? Are you the master planner, Addi, or does everyone submit requests? That is a lot of people to host. I am incredibly impressed. If I ever have the possibility of having that many people attend a blessing for one of my kids, I am going to call you for advice!
sweet baby gus. . .
look at that adorable baby. what a sweetheart. only 4 more days til i get to hold him!
Post a Comment