Friday, September 25, 2009

Utah in September

I love our trips to Utah. I think I say this with every post about our visits there, but it really is just so nice to be home and to be taken care of that I hardly think about taking any pictures. Really--who wants to see pictures of me napping on the couch and enjoying TV while my mom/dad/brother/SIL/aunts skillfully and successfully entertain two very silly boys. Heaven I tell you. Heaven.

We did make our regular trip to the zoo and this time Grandpa came with us. We got to see the new baby elephant. She is so, so cute. And Jack, the elephant lover in our family, could have sat and watched her all day. It also helped that Baby Elephant was totally showing off the entire time--running around chasing her mother, playing with the ball, and eating a lot! The zoo also has baby tigers and a baby giraffe, and more importantly, it still has the carousel and train!
My only Utah request was a tin-foil dinner up the canyon. And wow--those are just as good as I remember. In addition to the traditional smore dessert, we also tried these yummy banana treats. Perfect end to the perfect week. Thank you family!

2 comments:

rachel said...

mmm, i think i'll try banana boats next time i'm camping. they look yummy. and i'm glad you get to lay on the couch and nap when you're at home. you deserve it after long months of no relatives around to help you out!

patty said...

i actually love tin foil dinners. it's the camping part i can do without, so a trip up the canyon just to eat them? perfect.