The Maiden Voyage
So, I got a new lap top. I've been using Blake's dental school laptop that is dying a very, very slow death. First the battery went and so our laptop has become a tabletop always needing to be plugged in. Not a big deal. Then the screen went. Not the colors or quality of the screen, but just the hinges, so the screen doesn't stay opened by itself. It either falls flat backwards or flat forwards, thus always needing to be propped up by something. At first it was a stack of books, but more recently has become the wall--until we noticed it was scraping the paint. So now, one of Blake's padded cycling gloves acts as a buffer. Classy. And last, but not least, Jack got to the computer. He picked off the "enter" key and did it so thoroughly that it can't be snapped back on. So, if you need to push "enter" (basically the most used key) you have to push this little circle censor just in the right spot.
Anyway, a new computer was needed and I knew just the right man for the job--my brother Tony works at a place (I don't know/can't explain all the exact details) and was able to get me a steal of a deal on a new computer. It's so pretty and the screen is so big. (That's about all I consider when choosing a laptop. The boys took care of the technical stuff.) Blake stayed up late last night setting it all up. Little did I know his kindness was based on an ulterior motive. Blake is in charge of planning this weekend's activities, so when I asked him what today's plan was he said, "BYU game on the new computer!" Of course. So, to start off our Labor Day Weekend, my new computer made it's maiden voyage, entertaining us with an incredible victory. Rah! Rah! Rahrahrah! Goooo Cougars (and my new computer)!
P.S. The last few minutes of the game Blake was so nervous. He had to pace the room and wipe off his sweaty palms. I just had to get a picture of all my football fans. And, secretly, I think Blake was a little jealous that I have a picture with the future cougars and he doesn't. :) I love Blake! 


3 comments:
wow, you're fancy with your blogging, having us click on a word and go back to the picture you were describing! i love the pictures of all your cougars and i love that you got a new computer. i'm still waiting. . .
go cougars!!! cute pics. yay for your new computer!!!
i'm jealous of your new computer. not jealous of watching byu football.
Post a Comment