Tuesday, September 15, 2009

So Far This Pregnancy

I've been asked a lot if this pregnancy is similar to my other two pregnancies. Well, I think it's the same as Jack, but different than Max. But I attribute that to the different work schedule. (Being a mom is still work, right?) I've had some serious smell aversions, a lot of sleepiness, and your typical morning sickness. Usually I could throw up and be done for the day, but there was a handful of days when I just couldn't stop throwing up. And those were the days when I'd feel Jack's little hand on my back and hear, "Mommy, you okay?" or hear Max's concerned questions, "Where is your throw-ups coming from? Your belly? But there's a baby in your belly. Are you going to throw-up the baby?" Luckily those days are gone. (Knock on wood.)

There has been one big difference this pregnancy though. With this pregnancy, I am always hungry. Always. It's not uncommon for me to wake up in the middle for an extra meal. Also this pregnancy, I've had a lot of cravings. Like the other two pregnancies, I want anything cheese like nobody's business. Especially cream cheese. The boys and I have been making at least weekly trips to Noah's for bagels with extra cream cheese. And I LOVE the mizithra at OSF. But there's more. I also went through weeks of wanting nothing but steak and another week(s) of wanting razzle berry pie. I am so lucky Blake has humored me with several trips to many steak houses, OSF, and Marie Callendar's.

So for now, I am enjoying all the yummy food, sleeping on my back and belly as much as I can before it becomes impossible, and the crazy and oh-so vivid pregnancy dreams. My favorite dream so far is when I had to rescue my brother Antonio (I guess that means Tony) who was kidnapped "A Wrinkle In Time" style to Saturn and I had to fly on my broomstick, dodging Mrs. Whos and Whatsits, to save him. And I don't even remember the last time I read "A Wrinkle In Time." I really need to start a dream journal.

We find out the gender of Baby tomorrow. I can't wait to know more about this little person who will soon join our family. So, without further ado, here is the 20ish week belly shot--

picture by Max

12 comments:

Grandma said...

Thanks for the photo MAX.. Great Job!!! Doesn't that mother of yours look fabulous!!! Aren't you so lucky to have two little guys and a great husband that look after you? I think so!


We can't wait to find out tomorrow too! Finding the sex of the baby is like delivering twice! First the sex, then the baby! (In my day it all came at the same moment! At the end!) We'll LOVE either ONE!!! Really exicted!

Michelle said...

Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya, tomorrow, you're only a day away!
Can't wait.
I remember when you called to tell me Jack was a boy. Wasn't that yesterday?
Love your shirt. You are so stylish.

Sheri said...

You dont even look pregnant addi. BOO! :) Please count your lucky stars. I also always wonder where you get your cute clothes!

Hillary said...

Nice Pic Max! Super excited to find out what kind of friend is coming to live at your house :)

Caryn said...

I can't believe you already get to find out! Yeah! Fingers crossed the kiddo cooperates with the u/s tech!

Roadrunner said...

You look great! I am excited to find out the gender too!

patty said...

blake, call me first.

blythe said...

this is a funny post. i like hearing about your weird pregnancy cravings and dreams.

you are a tiny momma. way to go max on the pic! cant wait to hear what baby will be!

rachel said...

i also like hearing of all the wierd stuff with pregnancies. that's cute your boys are so concerned when you throw up. and i don't remember EVERY craving steak and cheesy stuff. can't wait for the news!

rachel said...

oh, and whats OSF?

Geri/Cindy said...

LOL. I can hear Jack and Max's concern for you. That is too cute. I especially like the "throw-ups", because it wasn't just once.

jocelyn said...

max has some good photography skills! i am the same way with my appetite. people have been telling me how when you get as big as i am that you won't have any more room for food and you have to eat small meals. those people are wrong. i have the appetite of a horse and i wake up in the middle of the night hungry. glad to know i'm not alone!