Japanese Tea Gardens
Today, for the first time ever, we visited the Japanese Tea Gardens in Golden Gate Park. I remember thinking about going there once when Tony visited, while Andy was on his mission in Japan. But once we got to the door and saw there was a fee to get in the little garden, we decided against it. Since then I've learned that if you get there before 10 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, it's free. So we decided to try it out. And believe me, it took a lot of running and yelling, "Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!" to get us there on time and our hair-dos definitely showed it. I think we barely made it in the gate as the clock was chiming 10. I thought I was going to be taking some fabulous picture of the beautiful cherry blossoms they have there right now. I didn't get any of the cherry blossoms, but here are some of the boys with their cute friends. 
And Michelle took this super cute pictures of the kids looking at the fish. Jack was in fishy-face heaven.After that, instead of pictures in front of the little ponds or statues and plants, I got some by the penny machine (the boys are getting quite a collection now),
and by the highlight of the gardens--the drinking fountain!
I wish I could say the day was perfect, and it almost was, except for one little thing. If you notice in the pictures at the beginning of the day, Max has on some very classy sunglasses and at the end of the day he doesn't. Somewhere in all the climbing, running, and jumping my sunglasses got left behind. We went back around, looked everywhere, and asked everyone. Nothing was found. As Max and I were walking out I said to him, "It makes me mad that you put my sunglasses down somewhere instead of giving them to me." Then he said, "And I'm mad I don't have sunglasses and the sun is getting in my eyes!" So there you have it.

6 comments:
max really has some good comebacks! looks like a fun day. Jack is so cute, I just want to mush him!
does the easter bunny bring sunglasses?
what happened to the terrorists?
What a quick whit! Gotta love that boy! I think the water looks fun too! Darling photos! All of them!
It is good to see that you have learned to be cost effective!
it sounds like someone has become a bit sassy in his young age. i love the witty things they think up.
and of course the drinking fountain was the best part. that's just how it goes.
Post a Comment