FI-NAL-LY!
After over two months with no oven, we were pleasantly surprised tonight when our oh-so friendly oven repair man, who has been a frequent visitor at our house over the past month, actually fixed our oven. (If you need your oven fixed, I can give you a good recommendation of who NOT to call.) And you better believe we had Mindi's sweet and sour meatballs for dinner. I make sure we always have everything we need for those tasty little balls on hand. The boys LOVE them and we scarfed them up faster than ever tonight. Also on the upcoming menu will be these creamy enchiladas (scroll down about 3/4 the way) from This Week for Dinner, that I have been craving like crazy.
Max, on the other hand, has been craving cupcakes. Every time John, our oven friend, has left our house, Max has asked for cupcakes. So, today, I was finally able to oblige. He got right to licking off all the frosting, then threw the rest of the actual cupcake in the trash, ready for more. If I would have realized he was only interested in the frosting, I could have saved myself from a lot of whining over the past few months. 
Thank you so much crock pot and stove top for saving us, but oven, it sure is nice to have you back!

5 comments:
What a blessing those ovens are! Now comes the fun of fixing dinner! Of course, you are that great little home-maker! You'll all be in heaven! Mom's good home cooking! Oh, how I love those little guys and their more than desirable little faces! Chocolate icing! My favorite too!
too bad your oven is fixed just in time for the hot summer. we don't even use ours in the summer. but then again, i guess you don't live in 115 degree weather.
the cupcakes look yummy. the frosting especially!
i would die without my oven. daily.
i'm still scrolling and scrolling trying to find "these creamy enchiladas". . .
Post a Comment