Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fairyland Take 2

It's getting to be that time of year when people are getting ready to leave this beautiful city and we have to start packing in as much fun as possible before they do. Since some of our friends had never been to Fairyland, we went back today for more fun. I'd even go out on a limb and say this time was better than the last since I didn't have to climb up any pirate ships to rescue my child. Plus last time Jack couldn't walk and it's an entirely different experience with two mobile children. Both boys had so much fun playing at the wild west town, on the ship (not the pirate one), and walking around all the little fairytale villages. But when it was time for rides, things got a little interesting. Max loved all the miniature rides. I think the kids went on the carousel about 8 times in a row and he got in trouble on both the carousel and ferris wheel for standing up and shaking the ride.

But poor Baby Jack, he wasn't quite tall enough for the carousel and I was a bit too tall to go on and help him. I thought the ferris wheel would be his ride, but Max wanted to ride with Audrey and I couldn't imagine what my little baby would do locked in that cage all by himself. So, instead, he just watched the big kids, until he had enough and fell dead asleep.

Don't feel too bad for Jack, though. He did get to ride on the train with me and Max and he chugga-chugga-choo-chooed the entire time. A perfect day.

4 comments:

patty said...

i don't remember ever hearing about fairyland before. where is this magical kingdom so much closer to home than THE magical kingdom?

rachel said...

i do feel bad for jack. that's sad. and i love that you are the only one looking at the camera in that last picture.

Grandma said...

That sure sounds like a lot fun! It is a good thing for those boys that they have such a fun Mom! Lucky for them too that they have such a fun play group!

Great pictures!

Love ya

blythe said...

fairyland looks super fun! max and his girlfriend audrey are so cute together!