Monday, October 20, 2008

The Rest of Ashley's Visit

Well, our time together after the race was spent lying on the couch comparing battle wounds, but we had a lot of fun before the race. Saturday we went down to Union Square to pick up our race packets and got to see all the fun stuff Nike does for the race. Our favorite was the photo booth. (I don't know why the scan has a green tint to it, but you get the idea.)
Then we went down to Half Moon Bay for the world famous Pumpkin Festival. We walked around all the little booths only to find out there was actually no pumpkin patch there like we were lead to believe from the name of the event. In fact, the only real pumpkin related activity was the weigh-off. Those are some big pumpkins.We still had fun eating all the free samples and pumpkin ice cream and Max and I even tried one of the rides. Woo-ee!
I love when Ashley comes to visit because it seems like it's just so easy-going the entire time. And I know Max and Jack love when she visits, too. In fact, on Saturday morning Blake and I came out of our room to find Max cuddling with Ashley on the futon and Monday morning it was Jack. And Max even chose Ashley to change his diapers. Lucky girl. Come again soon, Ashley. And make it REALLY soon, since you have entered the now 8-way tie for our most frequent 2008 visitor.

2 comments:

blythe said...

Looks like such a fun visit. Those really are huge pumpkins! Funny that Max chose Ash to change his diaper. Definitely a lucky girl! Cute photo booth pics. I am pretending that I am in all of those pics!

Anonymous said...

i love having ashley come visit me, too:)