Jack's Birthday
It's too bad I'm pretty sure Jack won't remember his first birthday, because it was definitely a good birthday! Grandma, Grandpa, Andy, Bri, and Tony came all the way from Utah to help us celebrate. They even stayed up late with me, cutting out number 1s and blowing up balloons. And it's a good thing we did that since Jack was in balloon heaven (and Max liked the 1s on the door). He crawled around the entire day holding a balloon. Even if he playing with a different toy, there was always a balloon in his hand. Jack blew out a make-shift match candle (I know. No birthday candle? But wait until you see what was in his cake!) in his pancakes for breakfast, well, Blake blew it out before he could touch it.
Then, since he loves balls so much, for his birthday activity we went virtual bowling, a fun activity for everyone. And even though many of the spectator seats have been removed and some of the consoles have been replaced with DDR, I think everyone agreed, it's good to have virtual bowling back!









After virtual bowling we came home for more partying, presents, and cake. Jack loved opening his presents and playing with them when his brother would actually give him a turn. He got some great stuff and was really spoiled this year. He is one loved boy! Then, it was time for cake. While we were in Seattle I found a sparkler in the shape of a 1 and thought it would be fun for his cake since he can't really blow the candle out anyway. Boy was I wrong. As soon as the sparkler started poor Jack just started screaming and screaming. This guy can't catch a birthday cake break. First the loud scream to scare him in Arizona and now a sparkler shooting fire at him. Poor guy!

After that he would only lick the cake off MY finger. So, even though his brother stole all his presents and his mom tried to light him on fire, I still think it was a fabulous day. One last HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my little Baby Jack! I love you!

7 comments:
It really does seem like a fun birthday! Those pictures of Jack and the cake are so sad but he sure looks cute tears and all! I love the 1's on the door!
ooh, i like the glowing tear. that's pretty cool. way to scar the poor kid addi. hopefully he won't have any more bad bday experiences. although i personally liked the sparkler....
Happy Birthday Jack! He is so darling. I'm sure in retrospect he'll be so thankful that his mother tried to create such a great celebration for him!
i liked the sparkler candle. kind of knew it wouldnt go over well though. it did make some good pics though. love the sparkly tear!
What a great day. Thanks Mom for making it everything he'd ever want! And..... even though that tear was real, you forgot to mention he got lots of loves from his mom as soon as the sparkler was out! That counts for something! You are right about the balloons being a BIG hit! He does love them!
That close-up picture with the tear is priceless. How cute!
Yay for families visiting...looks like so much fun.
I just noticed in the bowling picture how similar you and Bri look...at first I thought you colored your hair blonde! (Look at the virtual bowling pictures.) Maybe it's just me...but I see similarities.
those are the most hilarious pictures i have ever seen! Honestly...he is so adorable little Jack Jack! And oh and i love the costume shot of you and Andy from back in teh day...good old Cabbage Patch dolls...gotta love them...oh and Cricket of course too! So yoru parents are great to come out so much...too bad mine have been up to see us 2x since we've been in Oregon...yah that would be almost 5 years! Sad...anyway...San Fran is much more fun i guess...i love those pictures...we have one the exact same infront of the Fishermans Wharf circle sign...so fun!
Post a Comment