Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ode to the Honda Accord

On our drive home from Arizona, our precious Honda Accord passed the 100,000 mile mark. We've had this beauty for about six and a half years now and she's still going strong. In fact, she's such a beauty that I used to call her "Black Beauty" (April's car is the exact same, but white and his name is "White Stallion." Yes, these are the things we did while working.), but Blake thinks it's silly to name cars, so the name never really stuck. Even when I asked Max what the name of our car was he said, "Ours." Okay. I still remember standing in the parking lot of the car dealership, debating which used Accord we should get. It was between ours (no CD player) and one that had a big black mark across the steering wheel that bugged me to death. I'm glad I chose no CD player. I have a dream of being able to tie a big red bow to the top of this car and giving it to Max on his 16th birthday! I'm sure by that time it will be a dream of his as well! Here's to 100,000 more miles Honda Accord!

April 28, 2002--The day we brought home our car

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wish i had done a tribute to the black suburban before it caught fire and burned up.

Anonymous said...

i'm proud of you for taking this picture. louie thinks i'm wierd to watch the odometer for cool numbers in the mileage. that's a big one. congratulations.

kajohnson said...

at least your odometer is digital so at least it looks nice. On my Hondarooski (97) it is the kind that rolls. Currently at 276,500 miles. Kara

mattnbeth said...

i thought your car was older than ours. im pretty sure ours is already way past that mark. you guys look like kids in the pic!