Happy Birthday Baby!
Has it really been a year? Is my baby really one? Where does the time go? And cliche after other cliche. But it's so true. It seems like just yesterday I was bringing Jack home from the hospital, carting him around in his little seat, but it's hard to remember my life before him. He is still the same mellow, easy-going guy, just much bigger. He is still an excellent sleeper and for the most part, a good eater. He has totally gone against the rest of our family and LOVES tomatoes and Blake and I fight over who has to feed him those disgusting things. Jack is my little ball boy. He loves balls and is very good at playing catch. Bah is even one of the words in his little vocabulary, but not to be confused with baa, which is bathtub, for any body of water he sees. He also says Mama, Dada, and Mo (more). All very essential. He is an excellent mimicker and we love trying to see what noises and faces he will make. Jack's favorite thing to do with Mommy is cuddle. This guy is the best little cuddler and his cuddles are sometimes mixed with shyness and I feel like he's always burrowing his little head into my chest. I love having a cuddly baby. His favorite thing to do with Daddy is bonk. Whenever Blake picks him up he bonks Blake's head. Then Blake eggs him on saying, "Bonk, bonk, bonk" and Jack gives him what he wants and keeps bonking and bonking and bonking. And Jack's favorite thing to do with Max is anything that bugs Max. I see a long future of tug-o-wars in these boys' futures. It's so funny for me to think that one year ago I was so worried if I had enough love in me for another little baby. I love this little Jack more than I can even begin to describe. I can't believe that this little baby could make me so happy. Jack, will you please stay my little cuddle bug forever? Happy Birthday Baby! I love you!

9 comments:
make that a double. i love jack, too! happy birthday, happy jack!
Jack is such a cute little cuddle bug! Happy Birthday Baby Jack!
and that is such a dreamy picture of him to start off this blogpost.
wow, reading that makes jack seem so much like oscar. maybe they will be best friends and play ball together. if, that is, they leave their mommies long enough to play. happy bday big boy!
This is such a cute post. I love the bah & baa descriptions. And you are so lucky to have a cuddler. Someday...I want children who's favorite thing to do with their mom is cuddle.
He is DARLING! Happy birthday Jack!
One of a kind! Yes.... we love that baby Jack!
Great photo!
I can't believe he's already one! Time really does fly.
he is so big. i cant believe it. happy bday jack.
Post a Comment