Octoberties
Since it didn't work out to see a pumpkin patch while Ashley was here, we made the trek down to Half Moon Bay again, this time to see only pumpkins. I had no idea pumpkin patches were so much of a carnival. Luckily the only thing Max wanted to do was go down the big slide and then the rest of their cravings for excitement were satisfied with wheelbarrow rides from Daddy Blake.
And of course we had to take pictures of my little pumpkins with all the pumpkins. I love this one with their stone faces. It looks like a picture taken during the 18th century that they had to sit for ages to have taken.
I love it almost as much as I love this one where Max is trying to turn Jack's face to look at the camera.
Okay, okay. I just love them all.
Then we had to carve our pumpkin. Everyone had fun as long as there was knives involved. Our pumpkin had several stab marks all around it, courtesy of Max and his butter knife. But if there was any little bit of slimy, stringy pumpkin inside visible, both boys had completely horrified, disgusted looks on their faces and stood at least 5 yards away. 
And last, but not least, our new family October tradition--eating caramel apples and watching "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." Happy October!

3 comments:
Such cute pumpkin pictures of the boys. I want to come to your house for your October tradition! Yum!
precious
yummy
colorful
darling
sweet
heartwarming
ooh, we have the same traditions. only ours were separated. making the carmel apples was an activity in itself, and the great pumpkin charlie brown went with popcorn. and cute pictures.
Post a Comment