Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Laboring in San Diego

Talk about the perfect Labor Day weekend--absolutely, positively no laboring involved; including picture taking. I guess we were too busy not doing anything to take the time to take a picture of it. But it was just so relaxing! Oh well, here's the run-down:

After a close to perfect drive down south Friday night (Max threw up and just kept reading his book and didn't say anything until I noticed something on his shirt and asked him if he threw up, to which he merely responded, "Yeah" while looking down at his shirt, then just kept reading.), we met up with Nanny and Grandpa in Carlsbad. Saturday morning we hit the pool and beach. A nice little girl kept dumping water on Jack's head and Max kept splashing everyone else with his jumping and kicking. When we were good and hungry, we headed over to the Fish House and ate lunch. Max totally surprised me by practically licking his plate clean, just like the rest of us. Even Baby Jack couldn't resist eating a whole scoop of that yummy rice. After lunch, we met up with April who showed us some beautiful San Diego neighborhoods. We're hoping she buys one of the houses we looked at so we have a permanent San Diego vacation house! After open-housing, we ate a plate of mizithra and a bowl of spumoni and called it a night.Sunday, while Blake, Jack and I went to church, Max chose to stay with Nanny and Grandpa to swim. Max loved "Nanny's church" and I loved that Max actually chose to be away from me! Thank you Nanny and Grandpa! Of course we had Fish House again for lunch, then spent more time down on the beach. Beautiful.We are so happy that Nanny and Grandpa decided to celebrate their anniversary in San Diego with us. They spoiled us rotten with daily Fish House meals, peaches and treats galore, fun toys, and all their time riding elevators, looking at fountains, and swimming at the beach and pool. We love you Grandpa and Nanny!

Sunday we spent the night at April's house and boy did that girl treat us good. Since she was at a wedding, we had the house and all her treats to herself. She even got Sprites especially for us. And I don't know how she knew Blake LOVES Toaster Strudel (well, who DOESN'T love Toaster Strudel?) but I'll just say we had one fabulous breakfast.
Monday we went to the famous San Diego Zoo (after finding coupons on the internet of course). We loved going the double-decker-bus tour, riding the skyfari, eating pizza (Max's request) and cotton candy, petting/feeding the goats, drinking our endless cup of Sprite, and seeing the pandas, hippos, koalas, giraffes, elephants, grizzly bears, monkeys, tigers, lions, warthogs, polar bears, meerkats, rhinos, etc.
But the highlight of the day was definitely feeding the giraffes. Their tongues are SO strong. And if you're keeping track, Max officially does not like touching/feeding dolphins, butterflies, and now, giraffes.
OK, I guess I took more pictures than I thought. Thank you, San Diego for an absolutely perfect Labor Day weekend. We'll see you again soon!

7 comments:

April said...

It was so fun to see you guys in San Diego and actually hang out for a whole day! PS - I'm with Max, let's stick to looking at the giraffes versus feeding them!

Anonymous said...

i could use a little fish house right now. . .great pictures, great weekend. thank you for sharing your weekend away from home with us!

blythe said...

You took some good pics! Now you need to post your san diego vacation home! The giraffes black tongue is sick looking, I think I'm with Max on that.

Anonymous said...

From the look on everyone but Blake's face..... Max isn't the only one that didn't like feeding the giraffes! Looks like a great weekend!

Lynette and Anthony said...

What a fun family you have! Happy half birthday!!!

Christina said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. You guys always do the coolest stuff. Hope we get to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

i love the top picture of jack.
i was cold at the beach.
i want fish house.
max makes me happy.
i bought more mentos.
i lost my hairbrush.
can we do it again?