The Circus Came to Town
I am happy I got to claim the same inaugural circus visit as Max and Jack. I myself cannot believe that I've never been to the circus. Apparently Blake is some circus pro, having gone as a child. So, he got to take care of the fussy child while I took it all in. But this circus was unique. No Ringley Brothers in a large, indoor stadium. Oh no--this was the real stuff. A tent pitched into the depths of the asphalt in the middle of a large parking lot. The three rings featured several death-defying acts including the high wire, trapeeze artists, world hula-hoop champions, clowns (but not-so-funny clowns), tight-rope motorcyle, and camels, elephants, horses (large and mini), dogs, and a zebra (yes, just one).
And while the protestors were outside the gates holding up signs, chanting, "Cruelty to Elephants!" we were inside doing this--Apparently Blake has not only gone to a circus before, but has also rode an elephant. But, as he so lovingly explained, he has never rode an elephant with me, Max, and Jack before. So, there you go. It will be a very fun family memory.
I really do feel bad for the elephants, though.

10 comments:
i don't know who blake went to the circus with as a child because i surely never went. a circus pro? where was i?!
I think I remember going to the circus once but never did I get to ride an elephant! What a fun adventure! I'm definitely jealous!
wow...are you seriously on top of an elephant! We went to the circus up here..but i can tell you it was nothing like that! I love those pics of your boys in front of the bride too...soo pretty!
i have never been to a circus either. i remember blythe and beth did. but i do remember riding the elephant--where was that??
judging from your hair blowing, i think the elephant was galloping. and yes, not only did blake go to the circus as a child, but so did all the kids. you included, rachel. even i rode the elephant, so i know that part's true, too. we all rode an elephant. we all went to 2 circuses.
I feel bad for the elephants too... (not the "you riding him/her part... probably the highlight of his/her life). Michelle told me about the picketers... it would have been the straw that broke the camels (or elephants... tee hee hee) back for me. Sorry I'm such a pansy, and that I missed it.
i do remember riding the elephant. just not the circus.
im with rachel, i distinctly remember riding an elephant, but i have never been to a circus. i remember blythe and beth went one time for a date night--i was sad cause i wanted to go.
what a fun day! It looks like everyone loved the day! Good memories!
I LOVE the circus! A little creepy, but that just makes it all the better!
Post a Comment