Thursday, April 3, 2008

Geri & Cindy Came to Visit!

We have had so much fun with Geri and Cindy this past week. It was the perfect mix of fun and relaxation. Here's some of the fun:

Our last day with the minivan we decided to go for a road trip to Train Town in Sonoma. We should have known we were in for a crazy day when they wouldn't let us bring in our pb&j sandwiches and we had to eat on the side of the road. Once we got in, the mass chaos began. Since there was no order to the way the train was loaded, we left Blake and Jack to wait for the train while the rest of us checked out Train Town. All that was there was a bunch of run down carnival rides, so we decided to go back and wait with Blake. We got back just in time to stake out our place to hurry and jump on the train. Well, when the train actually came, we were elbowed, pushed, kicked, and yanked by the hair out of the way. I could not believe it. Blake was able to get one bench on the very back row of the train. Enough for me, Blake, and Max. Geri, Cindy, and Jack decided to stay behind. So, we waved good bye and were off for a train ride. The actual train ride was quite nice. Max kept saying, "So pretty. Dat's pretty!" while pointing to the lakes and trees that we passed. Blake and I laughed at him and he just looked at us confused. Afterall, it WAS pretty. Then, we finally arrived to the town. About 16 small buildings--a firehouse, church, school, post office, etc. The engineer let us off and we could go around and play. But we didn't get much further than the firehouse. Max loved climbing up the ladder and looking out the window. Besides the town, there was also the option of a small petting zoo. But after 15 minutes, the engineer rang the bell and it was time to get back on the train for the ride back to the station. I love riding the train with Max and watching him chugga-chugga-choo-choo! When we got back to the station, this is what was waiting for us--
And this is what soon followed-- I love these boys!
And since we still had two tickets left, Geri and Max got to ride the train again. Since we knew the ropes this time, we made sure to get them a good seat! Geri was happy to report that Max still thought the ride was pretty and was still only interested in the firehouse.

Geri and Cindy also went to the Exploratorium with us. Blake and I went the first year we lived here, but haven't been back since. I still think it's a little too old for Max and a little crowded on Wednesday free-day, but we had a lot of fun. Max loved playing with the magnets, throwing the balls, splashing in the water, running under a fan with streamers hanging from it (he did this for about a half hour) and of course, riding in the elevator. A success!

But don't think we provided all the fun. Oh no! Geri brought her Wii! Blake was up late every night perfecting is Wii age. By the end of their stay, Blake was basically a pro. And I say basically only because both Geri and I beat him at boxing. Ha!

And as for the relaxation, well, I may be the one who relaxed the most. I took some excellent naps while they played with Max and Jack. We did some Max-friendly shopping and ate at some yummy restaurants. And they even babysat so Blake and I could go to the temple...together! Something that hasn't happened since before Baby Jack was born. Thank you so much for coming to visit us and for everything else. Please, please, PLEASE come again soon! Max is already asking for you!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What darling boys you have! How lucky you are to have so much family able to come visit! And.... We ALL LOVE IT!!! We can't wait until it is our turn! LOVE the Hats and the BOYS in them! That is a pretty good picture of you guys by the temple too! Hey, Geri... I didn't know that you skipped so high!

Anonymous said...

those are my 3 favorite pictures, also--jack in the engineer's hat, max ditto, and the temple at night.
another fun- and activity-packed robison-visit. i should say blake and addi robison-visit.

blythe said...

Yay, a new post! What a fun visit. You guys did so many cool things. I love the engineer hats on max and jack--so cute! Addi, you look sexy in your tall boots!

Michelle & Steve said...

Looks like so much fun. Did you know that there is a National Park called Steamtown in Scranton, PA? It's all about trains, so when I saw this post, it just made me think that your boys would love it. I promise I'll take you there if you come visit me!

Unknown said...

oh I love the train hats!!! Such a pretty pix of you guys in front of the temple too!

Anonymous said...

We just looked at the pictures and cannot believe how much fun we had. You are the best hosts ever. Can't wait to see what's in store for our next trip. THANK YOU FOR A WONDERFUL TIME!