Thursday, April 17, 2008

High School Musical, the Musical!

Growing up, every Sunday after church, Andy and I would get comfortable on the couch, with a plate of nachos on our laps, and watch family classics like The Parent Trap and Newsies. We were even known to perform some of the numbers. Meanwhile, Blake and his family were using some sort of number system to call the best spots on the couch, wrestling each other to actually get the spots, and then watching movies like Tommy Boy. I tell you this not so you'll wonder how Blake and I ended up together (he did know I love those kinds of movies when he proposed), but for two other reasons. 1) When I heard High School Musical, the Musical was starting its nationwide tour, and San Francisco was one of its stops, I knew I HAD to go. And 2)After sending out an email invitation to all family members, Ashley, a Tommy Boy-er, was the only one to respond. Actually, it really isn't a surprise that Ashley would be the one to join me for High School Musical. She is also the one who flew out for Wicked and has been known to enjoy a good 6 hours of Pride and Prejudice, A&E style. We definitely had the best seats in the house. The balcony--where all the real fans sit. Yes, I mean all the squealing, singing 8 year old girls with their HSM T-shirts, their parents, and me and Ash. We loved getting our heads in the game (my favorite number) and once again I realized in my other life I was in musicals. Loved it! Thank you Ash for accommpanying me, you're the best!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

next stop: sound of music, the musical! it has yours and ash's names written all over those von trapp family faces:)

rachel said...

addi, i responded to your email too...SF just isn't the most convenient place for a mom of 3 to go to a musical when she lives in AZ. and i laughed about our # system for spots on the couch. good memories. and tommy boy EVERY sunday. not the most appropriate sunday movie, but good times just as well.

Sarah Hawkins said...

Sounds like fun! Glad that Ash got to go!

blythe said...

I also responded to your email and wish that I could have gone too. I will definitely come for sound of music!

Addi said...

RETRACTION: Okay, I shouldn't have wrote "responded." There were MANY people who "responded" to the email, but Ashley was only one who accepted. Sorry, I misspoke.

Anonymous said...

even i responded:)