Jack is 6 Months Old!
Yes, Baby Jack is now 6 months, that's half a year, old. Where does the time go? He is getting so big and is definitely enjoying exploring the world, or at least our family room, one roll at a time. That's right. Jack is now a roller, almost perfecting the 360 degrees. He only rolls one direction and sometimes gets upset when he forgets that he can roll from his tummy to back. This is especially frustrating (for me, him, and his roommate) when he's trying to fall asleep and he rolls on his tummy and won't roll over again.
He has become a pro at putting his paci in all by himself (if it's within his reach) which is a life saver for me. He likes to put it in sideways and chew on it. Silly guy. But don't think the chewing means he is getting teeth. So far there is no trace of those.
His new favorite place to be is the exersaucer. When we first started putting him in it, he loved looking at himself in the mirror. But now he's graduated to the more complex rollers and animal buttons. When he turns on the music, he'll start bouncing up and down, dancing. And of course he likes all the things that are easy to stick in his mouth. I give credit to the exersaucer (and hard work from friends and family) for helping Jack actually straighten his legs and support his weight. This is a rare occurrence, but I now have hope that standing and walking may actually be in this guy's future.
Jack is quite the little babbler. He is talking all the time and can even tell you what a sheep and Indian say. Now we just need to work on doing it on command. He loves spitting and I love how round his face looks when he does it. All you have to do is look at him and he'll flash you that toothless, gummy smile.
He is quickly soothed by shaking one of his toys in front of him. His favorite now, and from the beginning, is this little bottle rattle. It was tied to the top of one of Max's baby gifts and is the ugliest thing. (Sorry if it's from you.) It's perfect for him to hold on to and stick in his mouth. Why is it that the silliest things are always baby's favorite?Jack has also taken the plunge into the world of solid foods. Goodbye yummy smelling diapers, hello yuck! I think Jack is enjoying his new cuisine. So far he has tried rice cereal, squash, pears, green beans, and applesauce and seems to favor the vegetables over the fruit. Now if only I can use the power of positive thinking to help me like sitting and spoon feeding him. I've always hated this stage. Yes, always. After my infinite experience of already having one child go through it.
I wish I could say that I was Jack's favorite, and I'm sure Blake wishes he could say the same, but Jack's favorite is still Max. Basically anything Max does makes Jack laugh. Right now Jack's favorite is Max splashing in the tub. When Max barely moves his leg in the water Jack laughs so hard it sounds like he's crying. They are the best brothers.
And here are Jack's six month stats--
Weight: 16 lbs, 3 oz, 25% (Okay, okay. So turns out, at Jack's 2 month appointment he was 90%, and at 4 months he was 50%, and now 25%. The doctor is hoping that the solid foods will get him back up on his growth curve. I have to bring him back for a check up next month rather than in 3 months. Basically now Jack has no eating schedule. The schedule is--EAT! Silly Jack, if you're hungry you could try crying once and a while.)
Height: 27.5 inches, 90%
Oh Baby Jack, I love you so much. Will you please stay my little baby forever?

7 comments:
Addi, he is so big! Oh, and those eyes! Agh! What a cutie! Good luck with the solid food, that is always an adventure.
precious
precious
precious
Jack gets the cutest baby award! Pretty soon you'll be celebrating his 1st birthday...and be sad like me cause he isnt a baby anymore. :(
jack is such a cutie. i love him. and i laughed that silly things max does makes him laugh so hard because that's how it is with oscar and the girls. they do almost nothing and get such a huge response from him. i love it. my weakness is a baby in jammies. i just want to squeeze jack in his pj pictures. happy 6 month jack. oscar wants to know when you can play.
Jack is so big! He is such a handsome boy and looks so cute in all of the pictures. I miss you baby Jack!
What a darling boy. We still really want tom meet him in person. Any chance you are planning a vacation to Vegas in the next 4 months? It is the entertainment capital of the world, you know...
Happy Half Birthday, Baby Jack! He is such a cutie! And really, I think I've only heard him cry once in the last six months. I think if Max were my big brother I'd be laughing all the time too, because he's so much fun! You've got two of the three cutest guys I know.
Post a Comment