Conference Weekend
I love Conference Weekend! I love our new prophet and I love his sweet smile. I love the internet and byu.tv so I can watch Conference at home in my pjs. And I love Conference traditions. For our yummy Sunday breakfast I finally made Michelle's buttermilk pancakes and buttermilk syrup. Blake and Max LOVED them. Max was just licking the syrup off the pancakes and Blake said, "This tastes like candy!" Nothing like candy for breakfast! As for our other tradition, I didn't know how we were going to pull off our Conference Sunday Rollerblading.
Since we only have one jogging stroller and we didn't think Max is quite old enough yet for his own rollerblades we were thinking about cancelling the activity. But we couldn't break tradition. This is the 4th year...at least that I have documented with pictures. I can't count on my mind to go back that far. So, poor Max had to ride in the old Graco! Ha--poor guy! He looks much too big for that stroller and I'm sure it wasn't the smoothest ride. At least he had Blake, the rollerblading pro, pushing him. We started down at Crissy Field by the Golden Gate Bridge and bladed (yes, bladed) to the Palace of Fine Arts.
After feeding the swans, ducks, seagulls, and pigeons, we turned around and bladed back (both there and back we were going against the wind...how is that?) and had a nice picnic. Highlights from the trip included several people asking me if my little baby with a blue hat and blue blanket was a girl, Max holding his hands up over his ears to keep them warm, Jack sleeping the entire time we were going, and not having a single fall. I love my family!

6 comments:
i love all your traditions and activities--i love living my life through my children:). it's much more fun and much less tiring! whew! that roller-blading wore me out. pass the candy pancakes. . . .with chocolate chips, please.
Max looks so cool in his sunglasses. Sounds like the "blading" tradition was a success once again! What are they doing to the Palace of Fine Arts?
i can't believe max rode in the graco. he must've loved the bumpy ride. i can't remember the last time i went rollerblading. i need to break mine out and dust them off. our conference tradition is just to stay in pjs and eat all day. your traditions are more interesting!
No wonder you are soooo skinny! How fun and what a great family tradition! I'm sure that Max & Jack both loved the ride!
Sounds like a fun weekend! Isn't it funny how people don't pick up the color thing? I always had people asking if Brooklyn was a boy or girl. (Every item of clothing she has is pink!)
-Mindy
I love it! and yes we really are moving out that way. We're going to be in Sacramento looking around next weekend!
Post a Comment