Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Girls' Night

Since Max decided he wasn't ready for his 8:00 bedtime last night and it is the one night he MUST be in bed by 8 so I can watch my show, I decided we should spend a little quality time together watching some Dancing With The Stars. I couldn't believe how into it Max was. I was talking on the phone while we were watching and when someone was about to dance Max would shush me and say, "Mommy, da people gonna dance!" Then, once they were done we'd both clap and he'd announce, "Here come da numbers!" He loved when the celebs got nines and would jump up and down on the couch yelling, "Nine! Nine! Nine!" But he was especially impressed when the dancers got ones and zeroes. Man, I love this little guy!
Note to Blake: This picture is totally harmless. It's not like I put a bow in his hair or painted his nails. Plus, everyone's lips get dry and could use a little protection.

8 comments:

Caryn said...

What a funny story! I love watching game shows with toddlers. I remember watching Deal or No Deal when it first started and from bhind a closed playroom door, Braden yelled, "No Deal!" Cracks you up...

Oh, and both our boys suffer form 'dry lips', and if prompted Braden will tell you "Girls wear Lip Gloss, bloys call it 'chat-stick'"

Anonymous said...

finally! a picture of max that looks exactly like his daddy looked at that age, minus the lip stuff:). it's genuinely my little blakey.

blythe said...

what a handsome boy! You need to start putting him in dance lessons!!!

Anonymous said...

maybe max and oscar can be in the same dance class. too bad we don't have tivo so bedtime wouldn't make us miss our shows, huh. and i think max would love to have his nails painted when he visits aunt rachel. it's not fair that girls get all the fun things.

Jonny said...

He better keep those babies nice and moist iffin' he ever meets with my girls again!

Geri/Cindy said...

We do see a future dancer in your family (no longer Julianne)... If we get him started on the Wii at his age there will be no stopping him. GO MAX! Ones and zeros all the way.

Michelle & Steve said...

I don't know that the picture is really harmless...he's got a pretty good pucker going on. Almost like he's had a lot of practice...!

Anonymous said...

Addi.... before you get him in a dance lesson, you better talk to your brother. Is there grief in your future? Could be like gymnastics and dance for me? But Max or Jack could be really good! You know what I'd do!
Great Photo! Not near what you did to your brothers. Blake hasn't seen anything yet?