Saturday
Today was no typical Saturday. Not typical at all. At least for me, Max, and Jack. Last night April joined us for a less-than-24 hour visit. She had another swim from Alcatraz this morning. We were just happy that old thing came up so we could help her celebrate her birthday which was earlier in the week. I mean, look at that cake. It's basically on fire. I was afraid the sprinklers in my house were going to go off. Sorry Max, no blowing all those candles out twice!After dropping April off at the airport, the three of us decided to hang out in the East Bay then pick up Blake from work. We headed straight to Tilden Park and the steam trains. After the trains I thought we'd hit up the farm and park. But nope. It was hot, hot, hot today (figures since Ashley had come the week before) and I was not prepared. And since I already blistered Baby Jack's head this year, I decided to skip the outsideness.
We headed straight for one of our favorite stores--Target. Ahh, my heart yearns for suburban life. We spent our precious time in the air conditioned store, playing with the toys and enjoying an icee. We even walked around the rest of the strip mall, gawking at the merchandise and ease of shopping--one parking lot with TONS of parking spots that you don't have to pay for and so many stores close together. In fact, after we picked up Blake, my only dinner request was a chain restaurant. We decided on Outback, and Blake even indulged my chain craving with a little Cold Stone afterwards. I love San Francisco, but I can't wait to I live in a house with a parking spot and backyard, and lots, and lots, and LOTS of strip malls close by! Is that too much to ask?

6 comments:
nope. not too much at all to ask.
Wow.... you are easy to please! I'm sure your day will come, as Grandpa would tell me.... "just be patient"! How many sparklers did you put on April's cake? It looks fabulous!
You only have a few more years to go Addi...Max is looking so big, I can't believe it!
I remember feeling the same thing. But now I wish for some yummy SF food like, nicks crispy tacos, gordos, mamas and our favorite hole in the wall chinese-Peking. I think its on Noriega and 27th or something.....and I miss all the walking. Seriously driving everywhere is expensive! And the extra calories burned isnt too bad either!
no def not too much to ask for! :)
i guess i take all my strip malls for granted. we LOVE going to target and playing with the toys too. it's fun just to get out of the house...and a free outing! move to AZ....no parking problems here!
Post a Comment