Sunday, April 1, 2007

Conference Weekend

I love conference weekend! And I especially loved THIS conference weekend. I thought Saturday was phenomenal. I loved all the talks Saturday morning and I learned so much about the Tabernacle Saturday afternoon. Sunday for me is just full of tradition. I love making a big, fancy breakfast and watching Sunday morning, doing something fun between sessions and then finishing with the afternoon session. This was the first time in 4 1/2 years we've done that. I love the internet. Instead of going to the church, we were able to enjoy the talks from the comfort of our own home with a big plate of food on our laps. I felt like I was home in Utah. Thank you www.byu.tv! Max had a much more enjoyable conference weekend, too. Instead of trying to wrestle him down in a bench at the church, he was free to roam about the house as he liked. It was fun to see him come over and watch every time there was a song or he heard a new voice.

In between sessions today we drove down to the Marina and went rollerblading. I love rollerblading down there--it's VERY flat, and Max and Blake like trying to hit all the pigeons. The only thing that would have made the day better is an April Fool's joke. I totally forgot to short sheet our bed. There's still time...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what was on that big plate of food you made? Dad made waffles and for his April Fools joke, he put Banana's in them! I actually thought they were pretty good! Especially with a little whipped cream and more bananas and strawberries!

Anonymous said...

what does short sheet the bed mean? we taught ruby what april fool's meant and then after about 5 of her jokes, we were ready for the day to be over!

Anonymous said...

i loved conference, too. you can tell what a failure of a jokester mother i am when my oldest daughter doesn't know what short-sheeting the bed means. i'm not a funny person.

Addi said...

Oh good, Patty. I'm relieved you know. I didn't want to try to explain short-sheeting in a comment. Now you can do the honors.

Heidi said...

I don't know what short sheeting means either. My family is not really into pranks, in fact I hate April Fool's Day. I am a party pooper I guess!

Addi said...

Okay, for all you crazies who don't know what short-sheeting is, I tried to find an adequate description, but they were all pretty confusing. Luckily I found a how-to video. Hopefully this makes sense and you'll be able to use the trick next year! http://www.viewdo.com/now_viewing.php?id=131

blythe said...

Thanks for the video, I didn't know what it was either. Did you ask someone to take your pic, its a good one!

Jonny said...

I hate April Fool's Day. Does that make me a fool? Anyway, I get absolutely no joy out of playing practical jokes. I wonder why. That's why I don't understand Jim and Pam of "The Office." It's funny to watch, but I wouldn't want to be involved. I guess I'm just lame.

Anonymous said...

blake and addi
hey its blakes cousin kristi (thomson kimball) here. I just wanted to say I love the blogg. I can't believe how big max is. Anyway we are coming to san fran in August and we will have to meet up. I don't think you guys have even met quinn. I love you guys, keep the cute blog coming

Heidi said...

Okay that video is classic! I have to try it out sometime.

Oh and hilarious that people think they can see you when they are visiting Disneyland, I know you feel though!

Addi said...

COUSIN KRISTI! I don't know your email, so hopefully you'll check this again. We would love to see you. And we were wondering...what's your blog address? :)