Friday, March 30, 2007

My Little Climber

Lately Max has been climbing up on everything and ANYTHING. Sure, his favorite thing to do at the park now is climb up the stairs and ladders, but he gets much more creative than that. He'll knock over the laundry basket, climb on, and balance like he's surfing. He has a flat-bottomed bowl that he plays with in the bath tub that he likes to turn over and stand on. Trouble. Yesterday he even found a roll of paper towels and tried to climb up on it. Silly guy. But my absolute favorite (yeah right!) is when he opens the drawer under the stove, climbs in, and stands on it to reach the knobs to turn on the stove. How did he think of that? I don't like this phase. I know it's just a matter of time before he starts to climb out of his crib. Then what am I going to do?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to buy a crib tent. I have seen them on One Step Ahead. It's a little tent that goes over their crib so they can't climb out! WHy didn't I think of that nifty invention. I could have been rich...

Anonymous said...

looks like it's time for a big boy bed for baby max! how fun for you guys. i'm still holding off on putting chloe in a bed...she's still my baby, even though i go in her room to get her up and one of her legs is hanging over the side of the crib. naughty girl.

Heidi said...

That would for sure make me nervous, especially the oven knobs!

Anonymous said...

he actually is pretty creative and innovative. really, think about it. how DID he think of opening the bottom oven drawer and standing in it to reach the knobs?
surely YOU don't do that!

i love the surfing jammie picture

blythe said...

Cute pictures of little max!

Caryn said...

Ok Miss Addi- Didn't know you had a blog, great now I have more to read at night when I should be sleeping! Yeah, I can't believe how big Max is. Oh, tell Blake, Braden wants to know when Berkley will be big enough to "stand on our hands in the air" like Uncle Blake did... thanks for that Blake!
Caryn