Thursday, March 8, 2007

Happy Birthday...TO ME!

Another day older and deeper in debt...that's what I am. But luckily I didn't even realize it until late tonight. I woke up to a french toast breakfast and some beautiful singing voices. Max didn't understand why everyone was singing, but he sure enjoyed bouncing up and down to the music. Then just while I was trying to get ready for my lunch date, Max started to act a little fussy so I thought--Perfect, the little monster can take a quick little nap and then he will be good for lunch. Well, 4 hours later, he decided to wake up. I guess it's rough for him too, to have such an old mom. Luckily, our lunch daters weren't going anywhere, so we had a quick lunch and spent some quality time together. Then for dinner (can you tell my birthday centers around food?) we all met in at Old Spaghetti Factory. I love that place and I've never met a person who doesn't feel the exact same way, so I knew it would be the perfect birthday dinner. Max LOVED the mizithra and the rest of us loved watching him try to shove it in his mouth. I think I had the best birthday entertainment ever! Then, back home after presents and really good cheesecake, my day was a success! Well, except I kept waiting for Blake to show up at the door and surprise me. I was sure he was going to, but nope. Hopefully he's saving my big birthday surprise for me at home! :) Thank you so much to everyone for the calls, cards, emails, presents, etc. I feel so loved. Oh, and when did I realize I was older? Well, as I was getting ready for bed, I looked at myself closely in the mirror and noticed a little grey hair. It's all down hill from here.

7 comments:

blythe said...

Happy Birthday to you. I am so sorry we couldn't make it out for the b-day dinner. It looks tasty--we will have to try it out sometime! You age very well by the way!

Anonymous said...

addi, i recently found a grey hair as well. isn't it so exciting?! and what is mizithra? we also think max looks just like chloe in the picture with everyone at dinner. apparently they have the same mad face.

Anonymous said...

sure glad i don't have any grey hairs. . .

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun day! Aren't you glad we live in a day when there is such thing as hair dye?! I will have to see your grey hair to believe it though. Happy Birthday!

Michelle & Steve said...

Quit talking about being so old! I know you know that 26 is really the PRIME of life - I swear I've been telling you that for the last 3 months. Cute birthday pictures - I miss Utah!

Anonymous said...

how come your mom's cheesecake looks better than mine

Anonymous said...

We are sooooo glad that Blake loves you enough to let you come home for your Birthday once in a while! We loved having both You and Max here with us! I think it would have been awesome to see Blake too.... but then that other bracelett would be even further down the road! You brightened our week more than you can imagine!

Hey, little sister.... if you think you are old.... think how your mom and dad feel!

We love you!