Monday, March 12, 2007

I Love to See the Temple FHE

It was beautiful today in San Francisco. Beautiful. The high reached a sweltering (at least for SF) 76 degrees. Now that's the kind of "welcome home" we like. Since the weather was so beautiful, Max and I decided to pick up Blake from work in Oakland--his last day working there--and spend some time in the sun in the East Bay. To celebrate, we went to dinner at our favorite taco truck. Yum. Max couldn't decide if he liked the special sauce, but luckily I came in tow with a peanut butter sandwich. He loved walking around staring at the other diners and chasing the truck's mascot--pigeons. 6 tacos, a 7-up, and an horchata later, we decided our FHE would be about the temple and started the scenic drive up the hill. I love the temple grounds. They are so beautiful. Even Max was interested in getting up-close and personal with the flowers, grass, dirt, and especially the water. The big fountain was a little too high to get into, but the little stream running away from the temple was just perfect. That little guy tricked us though by only splishing and splashing with his hands rather than climbing all the way in. What a good boy. Then we spent most of our time up on the terrace walking around, playing in the grass, and looking at the view of the city. There is a mural on the back of the temple, similar to the one on the front, that I never noticed. It's Christ in the America's, and the front is Christ in the Old World. We decided to stay and watch the sunset--a total Blake thing. He had fun playing with the camera and taking some amazing pictures. It was an FHE success!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a fun FHE! and props to blake for the beautiful sunset picture. i think that temple has one of the best views. mesa's is pretty good too though....

Anonymous said...

i want to blow up the picture of max in front of the fountain staring at the temple--it's priceless! as is the pebbles-in-the-creek one, the sunset one, and well, all of them in fact. i just love that first one for a good temple picture for a lesson. again, i'm so proud of you guys for really doing family nights with max, when you could easily just say, "we'll wait til he's older--he's just a baby." then why do they have us teach lessons (even 2 minute lessons!) in the nursery?! good job!

Anonymous said...

Love your post Addi. I am sad I am not in town for the fabulous weather. You guys are so great to do FHE. We need to follow your example!

Michelle & Steve said...

Can Max sing "I Love to See the Temple" yet? I'm sure he's well on his way, right? :)

Heidi said...

That sunset is gorgeous! What a great photo.

blythe said...

Sounds like a fun FHE. I don't think I have eaten at the taco truck but it sounds yummy! I love the sunset pic too! Max is a handsome boy!

Anonymous said...

What a GREAT FHE! Maybe having all those FHE when you where young paid off after all! I loved the Photo's! Of course, they do contain 3 of my favorite subjects!

Mom