Thursday, March 15, 2007

My First Little Blue Box

_____________________________________________________
Well, I guess being 26 isn't so bad after all. At this ripe old age, I have become a member of a very elite club--the Little Blue Box Club. Some of you may be thinking, WOW--Blake really came through with a birthday present this year. But, those of you who are thinking that are dead wrong and should definitely know better. Blake is saving up for my tennis bracelet! :) No hard feelings though. Blake is used to being out-shown by this gift-giver. In fact, this is the third year in a row. Two years ago I received a HUGE bouquet of gerber daisies (my favorite) at work. And right on cue, about an hour later, Blake walks in holding one gerber daisy. Ouch. Then, last year the same sort of thing happened, except Blake didn't even try. I was in Utah and received another bouquet of flowers. Everyone kept asking if they were from Blake. Nope--It was APRIL! Then this year. WOW! I love my silver bracelet and I immediately put it on. And the first thing I did after becoming a member of this elite club--peeled some potatoes and took out the trash. But let me tell you, peeling and putting the little twisty-tie on the garbage bag is much more enjoyable when you have something sparkling back up at you. I am so lucky to have met April, my fellow auditor, and she definitely made my years as an accountant bearable and in fact, enjoyable. Now if only she will move back to the Bay Area we could try to start to repay her for the excellent friend she has been to us. Okay, I could go on and on and on, but I'll leave it at this--THANKS APRIL! The BAM SAN FRANS love you!

7 comments:

kell-bell said...

ooh, we need to see some pictures of your bracelet, what a good friend you have! something about that blue box and white ribbon makes the most exciting gift.

Also, happy belated birthday!!

blythe said...

I want to see what your bracelet looks like too! The story about the gerber daisies is hilarious. Poor Blake. April is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you've had quite the exciting birthdays. It was good to see you!
-Cousin Mindy

Anonymous said...

Once in a while you meet a friend that touches your life forever.... I think that is because the friendship goes both ways! There is nothing quite like a two way street!

Mom

Michelle & Steve said...

I still can't wait to meet April sometime. You've got to post a picture of your bracelet!

Anonymous said...

Good job April! Addi, you look so beautiful in that picture!

Anonymous said...

April: my birthday is december 6