Monday, March 31, 2008

Blake's New Ride

If you were wondering how we have been getting around with all our visitors, you are probably not alone. How could our little Honda Accord be fitting all these people? Well, here's the answer--
About a month ago, Blake was rear-ended on his way home from work. Don't worry, Blake is fine. But our car did get a little roughed up. Nothing major, but it needed to be fixed. So, we waited until this weekend to get it fixed when the insurance would pay for a rental car, and this is the rental car we chose. Blake has loved testing it on the hills of San Francisco. Plus, it's so roomy--easily fitting three carseats. Of course, this wouldn't be our dream minivan. No automatic sliding doors and leather seats. But no one loved it as much as Max. After the van had been returned and we went to get in the Accord to pick up Blake from dropping it off, Max threw a fit because he didn't want to ride in this car, he wanted to ride in the new car. I had to force him in, and the first thing he said to Blake when we picked him up was, "Where da new car go?" Blake told him we'd get the new car back after mommy had another baby. Is a minivan in our future?

10 comments:

Andy and Bri said...

No MAX!!! Don't do it! Don't cave in to the dark side. First comes the minivan and the next thing you know you are the weird kid at school who hangs out with the lunch lady at recess. It may seem cool now to push a button and have the doors open and duel DVDs may seem like a good idea…Until you turn 16 and pull up to you dates house rockin a van with your moms high school musical cd blazing. Game over. Take my advise buddy-hold out for the Escalade!

Anonymous said...

You don't always need more kids to need more room! However, more kids is a good thing too! So, just when are you getting that new van?

blythe said...

I love Andy's comment--hilarious! Did I know that blake got in an accident?

Addi said...

WOW Andy! That sounds like the voice of experience...

But what's wrong with High School Musical?

Kelly said...

Steve and I are trying to decide what our future car will be. Minivans are so comfy and roomy, but not quite as "cool" as some nice SUV. They are so practical though, we may just break down and get one some day. It looks like your family is keeping busy and having a lot of fun! I hope I get to meet your kids someday!

Michelle & Steve said...

Alright! So that is some pretty great incentive to get pregnant again! I had a third kid request, but it wasn't a car - it was a stroller - but still a nice ride.

Anonymous said...

you couldn't PAY me to drive something other than my minivan. so if my kids are the weird ones at school, so be it. i am a mother going crazy who has perks like doors that open for me and kids that can get in the car all by themselves. my kids never ding other people's cars with our car doors and you can't beat the gas mileage. i think people who DON'T drive minivans are silly for being so stuck on looks. there. i said it.

Unknown said...

I agree hold out for the Escalade or Tahoe?! PS Who took your profile picture? It's beautiful!

Caryn said...

You are so funny. Kids don't quite get the borrowing thing do they. Braden hates the mean blockbuster for not letting him keep the movies we get there...

I love my SUV, but everyone who has the MV loves them.. It's all about the power doors. Too bad I am a rims and tires kinda gal, or I might be persuaded...

Kera said...

nothing better than a living room on wheels!