Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Geri!

We are so lucky that Geri decided to spend her birthday here with us in San Francisco. After an awful time getting here last night (their flight was 5 hours late!) we knew we had to do something special to make up for it. And don't worry, Max was up to the task. Among the things that my mom sent out for us was a "leash" used by Aunts Dawna and Lori on little Tony at Disneyland about 15 years ago. Well, Max thought it was great. He called it a "pull" and pull he did. After hooking up Geri, he would drag her around the house after him. He even got smart and would pull her into his room, load her up with toys, then pull her out by the TV to drop off the toys so he could play with them. Max just wanted to keep her legs young!
After all the fun, I made Geri a yummy sweet and sour meatball birthday dinner. But the real yum came after dinner with the birthday ginger snaps. Geri's favorite. I know mine aren't as perfect as Aunt Sue's, but I did my best--I don't know all the half of this, half of that secret. Geri was lucky to have a lot of help blowing out her candles.And blowing them out again...But don't think that was the end of Geri's big day. After the boys were in bed and we had picked up our wonderful babysitter (thank you SO much Christina!) Blake, Geri, Cindy, and I went to see Beach Blanket Babylon. Blake and I have been wanting to see this since we moved here and it did not disappoint us. Well, maybe Blake was a little disappointed because he always thought you sat on beach blankets, but the show was excellent. It was hilarious. Blake's favorite was John McCain, my favorite was Barbara Streisand, I don't remember what Cindy's favorite was, and Geri's was a toss up between the couple making out in front of her, and the crazy dancing ladies to the side of her. A huge success. I think this was Geri's best birthday ever!

5 comments:

blythe said...

I'm sure it was her best birthday yet! I love the pic of Max pulling her--how funny! The cookies look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the wonderful birthday. It was the BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

Anonymous said...

if i come out there on my birthday, can we do exactly the same thing?

Christina said...

I'm sure the show would be that much better if you could sit on beach blankets, but it's still pretty great. Thanks for the shout-out...but I have to say that babysitting sleeping kids is probably the easiest thing I've ever done. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Great leash.... it serves more than one purpose! Can't wait for my Birthday!

love you guys