Last Day of School
I can't believe that today Max completed his first year of school. His first of many years of school. He loved it. And I couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out. I love that Blake took him to school every one of those days and he got to spend some one-on-one time with his dad talking about the most fun things. I love that Jack and I (and then Gus) got to go pick him up and have him proudly show us his art projects. I love how those art projects have progressed from scribbles to words and recognizable drawings. I love that he feels comfortable making friends without me there to supervise him. His favorite part about his school day was always playing at the park with his friends--tag, superheroes, digging, and Mickey Mouse seemed to be the popular games. And I really, really love Max's new language. I hope I do a good job to make sure he never forgets.To celebrate the end of school, today we attended a cultural celebration on the country of Guatemala. Max was so handsome dancing, singing a Guatemalan lullaby, and bowing while taking off his gaucho hat and saying, "Gracias."

3 comments:
i love that i got to be part of max's last day of preschool in sf and to see his happy guatemala program! he was such a handsome singer and dancer. the bows and hat-tipping may rival the rest as the best part.
are you going to speak spanish to max so he doesn't forget?
muy bueno addi! thats all i got.
addi, YOU are keeping his bilingualism alive? i had no idea. i am impressed.
Post a Comment