It's Getting Hot Out There!
The high today was a record breaking 85 degrees, and it's just supposed to keep getting hotter. To celebrate the beautiful weather, our playgroup met at the beach today. At first I thought the weather man must have been fooling us since I showed up in shorts, wishing I would have brought a jacket. But I soon realized he was definitely telling the truth. It got hot. At first Max was a wimp and didn't want the sand to touch his feet. He quickly got over that when he saw all the fun his little friends were having digging holes and building towers then smashing them. Plus, you can't beat a beach with a view like this.
Even Baby Jack had fun at the beach. Well, until he fell sound asleep for two hours, making my job very easy. He definitely enjoys the beach for lounging around rather than playing. Or maybe he just wanted to stay in his seat this time and skip the sunburned head.And after Max quickly lost interest in stomping on every one's sand towers, I was happy Hudson was there to entertain him by throwing rocks in the water. And when they were done with the rocks, they came up for a cookie break and sat on the rope to eat them. These two boys are so silly. We are going to miss Hudson so much when he moves away!
And I don't know what I was doing, obviously not paying very close attention to my son, because when I turned around this is what I saw. Apparently those two silly boys wandered off to the hot sand and their little feet couldn't stand it any longer. Good thing Christina was paying attention and ran to the rescue. I guess I'll miss Christina too.And in true Addi style, I have a bright red spot on each of my legs between the top of the knee and the bottom of my shorts. Over the next few days it's just supposed to get warmer and warmer, the hottest spot in the country, believe it or not. It makes me wonder how I'll do with our trips to the desert this summer.

4 comments:
Great beach photo's! I guess it does get warm out there! Isn't it wonderful to have friends! I'm glad you found such good ones!
how in the world is SF going to be hotter than AZ? i'll have to see it to believe it. and at least the desert comes with swimming pools! good job on only burning a small portion of your legs this time.
gage is a happy boy that it will be warm while he is visiting:)
I'm going to miss you guys! That was such a fun day. My knees are still red from my sunburn.
Hudson and Max have so much fun together. Promise to come visit us?
Post a Comment