Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

I love Mother's Day. My little family made me feel so special today with yummy meals, presents, cards, and even taking over my primary class so I could go to Relief Society. The day was practically perfect until Blake reminded me of our Mother's Day tradition--summer buzzes. Not that Max wasn't in need of a haircut in a major way, but I still always get teary watching his hair fall to the ground. I guess I can at least be grateful Blake didn't buzz Jack's hair.
BEFORE

DURING

AFTER

This year, Blake cleaned up all the hair before I could save a little piece in a bag to cry to, making this Max's first hair cut that I haven't saved a piece from. Blake asked me if I was planning on saving a little bit from every hair cut over his entire life. And OF COURSE I was! Max looks so much older now. My babies are growing up much too quickly. I always wonder if I'm cuddling them enough, praying for them enough, teaching them enough, loving them enough. What am I going to do when one day they won't let me hold them or read to them? I guess I should remember feeling like this when they're teenagers and all I want to do his lock them in their rooms. :) These little boys are the best thing in my life. I love being Max and Jack's mom! I am the luckiest girl in the world!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

you ARE lucky. me, too--i felt (feel) the same way about blakey:). only i didn't buzz his hair.

rachel said...

oh man, i love shaved heads. maybe i'll reconsider oscar's hairdo. and addi, you look beautiful in that picture.

Sarah Hawkins said...

Cute hair!

Anonymous said...

you do look beautiful in the mother's day picture--exceptionally so. you look tan?!

Michelle said...

Well at the rate things are going, there won't be a door handle to lock on Max's room when he's a teenager. But that's okay, Audrey will still have her binky...

blythe said...

You have so many new posts that I haven't seen! Happy Mothers Day to Addi! I love Maxs haircut, he looks so handsome. And you look so beautiful!