Happy Birthday Grandma!
Grandma's only birthday wish this year was to spend her birthday with her two favorite boys in the world. And luckily for us, her wish came true. After Max and I met them at the airport, rode the elevator a gazillion times, took the air train to the get the rental car, and picked out a mini van (Max was in heaven), we met Blake and Jack at Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate the kid in Grandma! Grandma quickly bounced Jack right to sleep and Max kept asking for Grandpa to help him climb up the steps to the slides. We had so much fun riding the rides, playing games, eating pizza, and winning tickets. Max even had enough tickets to buy a plastic lizard and spider. Score!
Then we came home for cake and presents. Usually the candles are the biggest hit, but Grandma brought everyone else presents for her birthday. I don't know who was the bigger winner, Max with his Peter Pan book or Blake with his bunny ears (for the tv). :) After Max ate all the strawberries off the cake and we all had a piece of strawberry-less cake, we called it a night.
But don't think after that late night, we slept in at all. Oh no. We woke up at the crack of dawn to be the first one's a Mama's to try to avoid the lines. Oh, it is so good. Seriously. Will we ever get sick of that place?Then, for the rest of the day, I had the brilliant idea of going up to Rohnert Park to Toob Town. I'd heard SO many other mothers talking about it at the park, that I thought since the weather wasn't that great, it would be a fun thing to do inside. Plus, Max would have been in heaven driving around in the mini van all day. So off we went. After about 50 minutes of driving we arrived at the address of Toob Town. But it was no where to be found. So after asking at a local gas station, we found out that Toob Town burned to the ground about a month ago. How sad...for us and Toob Town. But don't worry. The gas station man told us if we were looking for fun, we should head over to Scandia, Rohnert Park's Family Fun Center. And fun it was. Grandma and Grandpa had no idea they were coming all the way to San Francisco to go to multiple arcades! Lucky them.
I think this arcade was a little too old for Max and Jack, but Blake and I sure had fun! You can't see the score on the basketball game, but I beat Blake...twice...just for the record. On our way home, we stopped and got a root beer freeze. Oh so yummy.
After a short, short break at home, we were off again. We went to the park and then out to dinner. Max loved showing Grandma and Grandpa around the park and Jack loved someone constantly pushing him around in his stroller. We ate dinner at Pacific Catch and it was so good. Blake even declared today his best food day EVER. Impressive. It had been a very long, fun-filled day. I think these two pictures of Max explain perfectly how we were all feeling at this point. But don't think the day was over. Oh no! Grandpa's only San Francisco request was sunset at Mt. Tam and Blake was happy to oblige. The ride up the twisty roads was hardly pleasant for those of us in the back, considering we had all just stuffed our bellies full and Blake was driving like a mad man to make it before the sun set. We had a couple of close calls, but it was worth it for the amazing view. The clouds split just enough for a glimpse of the sun going down between them. It was beautiful.
The next morning Max and Jack took Grandma and Grandpa up to the park and showed them the ropes. Grandpa even taught Max how to sit on a big swing and HOLD ON, something Mommy hasn't been able to do. We all came home and took afternoon naps, then headed down near the airport for a quick dinner at Elephant Bar. Blake and Jack said goodbye there and Max and I went for one last ride in the mini van and rode the train to the airport. It was so sad to see them go, but fun to talk about their next visit sometime later this year to bring us some bottled goods! We love you Grandma and Grandpa! Thank you for visiting us!

9 comments:
No kidding it was one of the best birthday's ever! It was a dream come true. Max and Jack were everything I remembered..... maybe even a little better. We enjoyed all of your fun adventures and the cake was wonderful. I loved every minute of it! I'd take another Birthday in a heart beat if we could come spend it with you guys! Love you all so much! Thanks!!!
i don't think i'd EVER get sick of mama's monte cristos...and i've only been there once. poor max laying down on the playground. so, when are you getting your minivan addi? and when did your red couch become your polka dot couch?
What a fun birthday! I am just so surprised every time I see a picture of those little guys! They are growing up so fast!
bergesons are definitely the fun grandparents. sadly admitted.
You really did have a busy weekend. Sounds like so much fun! I haven't ever eaten at Mama's. I'll have to add it to my San Fran to do's!
Happy Birthday Linn! I can do that on your blog, right? Be sure to pass on my best wishes!
Also, I REALLY love the shirt your dad is wearing in the last picture! does this mean you've won over that Aggies fan?
wow, it definitely sounds like a fun-filled weekend!!! happy "belated" birthday linn!!!
You guys and your "arcades"...I think it's all a ploy. ;)
It has been fun reading your blog. I am so proud of all of you for the lessons you are teaching your little ones. Can's wait for you to come visit soon. Lots of love, Grandma J.
Post a Comment