Tuesday, January 16, 2007

All You Can Eat Soup, Salad, and Breadsticks!

We've been trying to plan more field trips in addition to our weekly play group to get out and actually have adult conversations more. This week the field trip was to the exotic land of the Stonestown Mall. After some shopping and returns, we met at Olive Garden right at 11 to make sure we got a good, baby-friendly table. And Olive Garden delivered. We were in our own special area that had waist-high walls on three sides. Perfect. So, after two bowls of soup, two large helpings of salad (only one with olives, since Michelle ate all of them the first time around), and I lost count of how many breadsticks (it wasn't all me, Max helped of course), the field trip was a success. I forgot to mention the Andes mints at the end. You really can't beat it. We made sure to give the waiter an extra nice tip since he had to clean up puffs, raisins, pretzels, and breadstick crumbs all over the floor. EVERYONE should enjoy our field trips!

4 comments:

blythe said...

Looks like a fun field trip. So are all these girls in your ward? I love Olive Garden and I hate olives!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know there were only 2 olives in the salad or I wouldn't have eaten them! I don't even really like olives...but I will basically eat whatever is only plate. Sorry to all the olive lovers out there. Next time, I will give you all my olives (if you give me your Andes mints!).

kell-bell said...

I was so jealous, soup and salad at olive garden is one of my favorite lunches. They need to put an olive garden in closer to my office!

Anonymous said...

GREAT IDEA..... Getting some adult conversation and letting the kids get out too!!! Who was the genious that thought of that? Have fun..... I'm jealous! MOM