Monday, February 1, 2010

At the hospital with Baby Gus

I love staying in the hospital. Am I crazy? But I really, really love everything about it. All the special attention, the big windows for well-lit pictures, a tv, the nursery (we sent Gus to the nursery a couple times and the nurses told me that my baby definitely had the best lungs of all the other babies!), and the food. Especially the food. Our hospital has really good food. Blake likes the hospital too--everything except his stinky cot bed. And I think Gus really enjoyed the hospital too.
And of course the best part of the hospital was when Max and Jack (and Grandma and Nanny) came to visit. Max and Jack love their brother Baby Gus. They couldn't get enough of him.
Actually, that's not true. After a quick cuddle, Max had enough and was too interested in figuring out everything that was going on in the hospital--Why is that needle stuck in your arm? Why do you have on that bracelet? Why do you have on those funny clothes? What does this button do? And this button? And this button... Jack's interest did last a little longer, but once he saw that you could go for rides on Mommy's bed or play in the curtains, Baby Gus was old news. But that's okay since then Grandma and Nanny could have turns snuggling the little bug.

Today we came home from the hospital--all five of us squooshed in our little Honda Accord. Grandma and Nanny took a taxi.
I think Gus is a little unsure about what his parents are getting him into with these crazy brothers poking him all the way home. He was wide eyed and alert the entire ride.And now begins our life as a San Francisco family of five. I'm sure we'll look just as blissful from now on as we walk from our parking spot. Welcome home sweet baby!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ummmmm. Not gonna lie. Seeing Gus in that car sear made me teary eyed. So many great memories with that seat and I am so happy it has a good home and a sweet baby to snuggle.
I LOVE the hospital! Maybe because it was the same hospital as you.
You look fabulous leaving the hospital.
Why did you get to leave in a wheelchair? I have always wanted to, but they never let me.
You look DARLING as a family of 5 whether it be San Francisco or anywhere else in the whole wide world.

nanny said...

i love the car seat picture.

Grandma said...

I can't believe how GREAT you looked just after having Gus! And.... yes, I was, and I'm sure Nanny was too, glad that the older "little" guys let us have a turn playing with GUS!! It was so much fun! I can't wait to get back out there!

blythe said...

i like the picture at the bottom of you all walking and your new purple shirt! such a big family!

Tiffy Ann said...

You are such a cute family! You look so good. I'm impressed you got all the kids to fit in the back seat!

Michelle & Steve said...

My favorite picture is the very last one with all 5 of you walking down the sidewalk. It's my favorite because of Jack and his chocolate-covered face. I was about to tell you that your life of 3 children (and all boys at that) looked way too picture perfect and clean. Then I saw Jack in that picture and I was so thrilled for you and the new reality you've got! Yay for three kids, Addi & Blake!