Asilomar 2006
Last weekend was Jack's first trip to Asilomar, but definitely not Max and Blake's. And I've been too! We went in February 2006 for Blake's 3rd year retreat. And actually, originally Max and I were going to have a weekend alone at home and Blake rode down with friends. When Blake got there it turned out he had been assigned his very own room with no roommate and asked if Max and I wanted to drive down and join him. So we did.
This beach hasn't changed much in 4 years...
And Blake still took pictures of the deer...
But the rest of our weekend in 2006 was not nearly as exciting as last weekend. Blake had to be at presentations all day and I was stuck in my teeny tiny room, with a gassy 2-month old baby, and absolutely nothing for entertainment besides listening to the conversation from the room next door through the paper-thin walls. Seriously. Blake even photo-documented the activity.
So I wasn't too upset when I didn't get to go on the Asilomar 2010 trip. But Blake was smart to bring the DVD player. :) Thanks for the fun times Asilomar!

4 comments:
You don't look to happy sitting there! Where were the other two boys?
i never went even once when we lived there. at least you went.
i guess your mom thinks you look the same now as you did when you went to asilomar with baby max. you do!
i love that last picture of you and your gassy baby. perfect expression.
Post a Comment